Search results

1. stowburb

MK4 bad cluster and cant find and info on how to get pin code from clusters

I have searched everywhere here and cant find and info.I have an '02 MK4 wagon that has a shorted k line to ground, have determined it is the cluster and i cant communicate with it or any other modules BTW. I have a good used cluster with the same exact numbers as my cluster and I have an...
  2. stowburb

'02 MK4 cant comunicate, internal ROD errors and irratic K1 short to ground Help!

Hello Guys,Gals and Gurus, I've got a 2002 Mk4 Jetta wagon with the AFP vr6 and 5 speed manual that I've owned for 3 years or so, it's been a great vehicle, it's got roughly 210,000 miles on it but it has been babied and taken very good car of. I had a lifter and cam fail on it around 195,000...
  3. stowburb

reman AFP VR6 engine

Any Idea where to get a good reman AFP VR6 engine? That is reasonably priced? I have a Nice Jetta that is my daily driver but is high mileage, the timing chains are making noise and i'm thinking rather than just replace chains and guides on a 200,000 mile engine, just replace complete engine...
  4. stowburb

Vr6 AFP upper engine noise.

I've got an 02 Jetta with a AFP VR6 with 193,000 miles on it that has a noise in the upper engine. I have already done the intake runner repair with the upgraded bushings but I still have a bad noise like lifters rattling. Vehicle is super clean and been babied its whole lift with proper...
  5. stowburb

intake runner repair

Hey Guys, I've got a 2002 Jetta with the AFP VR6 that is making alot of noise in the intake, I have heard that there is a repair for this issue,but i have not found any info as to what parts I will need and how to do this repair. I have tried to find a thread about it and i'm sure you guys have...
  6. stowburb

how can i change the "shop name" in my vag-com

Hey Guys, I used to work at another shop and while I was there I bought myself a Vag-com Cable from Ross-Tech, and when I set it up I put the shops name in my vag-com so when I print off the auto scan codes it would have their name on top of the page. I no longer work for them and I would like...
  7. stowburb

issues with my comfort control module '02 Jetta wagon

I've recently bought an '02 Jetta wagon and both remotes do not work. I've got the Vag-com and have ran thru the adaptation to clear all old remotes and the tried to program the remotes, with the Help from Peter at Ross-tech, we felt pretty sure that my remotes were bad.I went tru all the steps...