Search results

1. R

2013 Beetle AWD swap ABS coding

Update on this, had a bit of time this morning and due to the 00448 code in the AWD I removed the pump to check the screen which was clean and clear. Tested the pump on the bench which was ok also. Reinstalled, topped off the haldex oil and then tested it with the output tests also running an...
  2. R

Interesting, thanks for your reply. I added AWD address 22 to the gateway which is probably why its visible. The engine ecu is coded for AWD. I'll try your suggestion in the next couple of days when it is on the lift again.
  3. R

Hi etz2k, sorry I missed your reply. Due to covid and other priorities this car got mothballed but have made lots of progress this week. I could not make the other ABS unit work so in order to get the car certified and road legal I re fitted the original ABS unit to get all the lights out which...
  4. R

How to power up ign without key? 2019 Golf

Thanks Uwe, the car will get transported to the dealer when the key arrives and they will code it (2 weeks) Yes have a tarp on now but prefer to get the windows up. If you would be able to tell me more about the dance I'm more than willing to try it.
  5. R

Thanks, happy to try but not having a wiring diagram I'm unsure of which wires to jump.
  6. R

Sorry, I'm a little desperate. Car is outside.
  7. R

2016 Golf R no start, multi malfunctions-no communication

Thanks for replying, the relay in the car is not marked as 30 & 87, rather 3 & 5. But yes I bridged terminals 30 & 87 to bypass the relay but am not able to raise the windows. Problem is the car is outside so would be ideal to get the windows up, complicated more by being a keyless car.
  8. R

2016 Golf R no start, multi malfunctions-no communication

Hi Don, Sorry to hijack but I was reading this thread about the T15 relay, I'm currently in a situation where my keys were stolen (2019 Golf keyless entry-kessy) and 2 of the windows are down. I was told to bypass the T15 relay J329 to power up the ign but this doesn't work unless I'm doing it...
  9. R

Hi guys, my keys were stolen to my 2019 Golf (keyless entry- kessy) so I'm now stuck having to wait 2 weeks for a new key to arrive but 2 of the windows are down. Is there any way to power up the ignition to raise the windows? Someone told me to bypass the terminal 15 relay (which I'm assuming...
  10. R

Thank you for all your suggestions and help guys, unfortunately it doesn't seem to like any of them. NEtech, your 2 suggestions also resulted in out of range errors. Also did another auto scan making sure the engine ecu coding to VW stuck and AWD was clear of errors. I don't have the coding what...
  11. R

No luck with those unfortunately, the only thing I can think of now is to put the Beetle ABS unit back in and run a stand alone controller for the Haldex.
  12. R

Some results achieved, we did the basic setting in the Haldex which eliminated the code we had there. Changed the ECU coding to 04 (VW) which it accepted. [/IMG] Then on to the ABS again, no luck there. Same out of range error. Now that the coding is changed to VW is it worth trying the other...
  13. R

Thanks jettarv, just tried your one but get coding rejected Error 00: Unknown 00x00) I'm at least seeing the Beetle vin now at the top of the scan so the ECU, cluster and ABS should be happy together but finding a code string that works is the next step.
  14. R

Been busy with other things but time to try and get this resolved, sourced an 8P Audi AWD ecu (same CCZ engine as what is now in the Beetle) Sent that to the US to have Immo defeated and Beetle VIN put in to it. Installed that yesterday and tried coding the ABS, we tried the 3 suggestions in...
  15. R

Getting back on this again, sourced an 8P Quattro ECU. Same CCZB engine, mechanical park brake and also AWD. Now I need to find someone to do immo defeat and put Beetle VIN in the ECU If you do this type of work please IM me and I'll send you the ECU.
  16. R

Caddy VAN lost ABS Coding (MK60EC1)

Hi Barry, Going through this now with a AWD 20TSI swap in a Beetle. The Caddy vin must appear in the ECU and in the cluster otherwise as I've understood it the ABS is not able to be coded. I'm still trying to find someone that can put the Beetle vin in the Golf ECU without sending it abroad.
  17. R

Yes there is option for AWD in ECU but ecu does not accept the change. Golf R is med9 so will not work. Had not considered Tiguan electric parking brake, back to drawing board.
  18. R

Yes, I've found a clever chap who can change that however, I'm looking to get another ECU now from an AWD vehicle as I cannot change the ECU to AWD. My thinking is to get a Tiguan ECU (runs the same CCZB 2.0TSI petrol engine and is AWD) Have that de-immo and get the Beetle vin put in to it.
  19. R

Any thoughts on the Immo info you wanted?
  20. R

Interesting guys and makes sense, one never stops learning modifying cars. Ok so below is ECU, Immo and cluster info as asked for. Friday,19,March,2021,07:05:44:54382 VCDS -- Windows Based VAG/VAS Emulator Running on Windows 7 x64 VCDS Version: 20.4.2.0 (x64) HEX-V2 CB: 0.4526.4 Data version...
Back