Search results

1. 4

EPC light on w/ 21 Engine faults - no running issues

Update: it was the After Run Coolant pump that started the fire. Dealer fixed it under the existing recall. Thanks for everyone’s help.
  2. 4

2013 Audi Allroad B8 - intermittent hard start

Update: This hard start issue was continuing and then I began to notice oil levels dropping. I replaced the PCV valve and haven't noticed the original problem since. Thank you all for your help.
  3. 4

I will surely ask them that. I was successful gettting it for my last car and you guys were overjoyed looking through it.
  4. 4

Done. Dropping it off at the dealership this week; we'll see what Audi will cover.
  5. 4

It is stock - no modifications. I am fairly certain the recall was not done prior to my ownership in mid ‘18 - only a service history would tell that though. I still need to spend more time looking at that recall to see if it’s related.
  6. 4

It could be related to this recall - tough to see exactly what is going on down there. The car has not yet had this recall addressed. After the fire, I wanted to disconnect the connector but it seems to be melted together. So, I looked in the engine compartment fuses under the ECU and found a...
  7. 4

Found the problem. While doing something else in the garage, I smelled an electrical fire. It smelled strongly of coming from the Audi. As I ran to pop the hood the smell got worse. I popped the hood and there was a softball sized fire in the center of the engine bay. As I put the fire out I...
  8. 4

Yeah I had tried that too. Same thing: clears them and they return immediately. Here is a video of what I’m seeing:
  9. 4

01- Engine won’t clear. After I select Delete DTCs, it clears them all, then reloads all the control modules, but that module remains with faults.
  10. 4

I’ve driven it an hour each day since the epc light came on and there was nothing to note. Because the epc light is on it runs normally but slightly governed - almost hard to tell there is any change. But because I can’t clear the DTC codes I’m not able to see if there have been any changes...
  11. 4

All fuses are good. Any particular relays I should start looking at? Again, I haven't experienced any problems with the car so far outside of the EPC and check engine lights. It runs, idles normally. Could the battery lead to any of this? Here are my battery levels: https://ibb.co/6FwTM4L
  12. 4

Hi - I just started the car up and I noticed the EPC light came on. There was no engine issue or misfire and the car ran normally. I did a scan and found 21(!) engine faults. Yikes! I cleared the codes and the 01-Engine block would not clear. When I went into 01-Engine and looked at the faults...
  13. 4

Disable washer fluid light on an Audi B8

I'm back at this. Part # is indeed correct. The problem is one wire severed somewhere near the firewall so that circuit is open. I'll never be able to fix it. Here is the scan with VCDS changes reverted. I will do some BCM scans next and and blockmap of Address 09 if I am able. Then I'll pray...
  14. 4

Thank you - here you go: Sunday,01,November,2020,16:36:49:02305 VCDS -- Windows Based VAG/VAS Emulator Running on Windows 10 x64 VCDS Version: 20.4.2.0 (x64) HEX-V2 CB: 0.4513.4 Data version: 20200730 DS317.0 www.Ross-Tech.com VIN: WA1UFAFL0DA069272 License Plate: Mileage...
  15. 4

Today I went at this issue again because this giant dash warning is making me want to drive the car off a cliff. Disabling the washer warning did not work, likely because of a warning prompt. I went under the wheel well to look at the wire again and pulled 6” of one wire. If I can’t disable...
  16. 4

yes, found the coding bit in 17-Instruments, but deactivating it didn’t do anything.
  17. 4

I tried blocking off that line, but I didn’t see much of a change. But again, it happens so infrequently, it’s tough to determine much from a test like that. N80 seems to be clear as well. I cleaned the MAF too. A couple days later it rough started again for the first time in 3 weeks. Sigh...
  18. 4

I have a B8 Allroad with a washer fluid warning light on. The sensor is good and I replaced it with no result, I jumped the wires in the connector with no result, in case the connector was faulty I cut the wires and tied them together with no result. It’s driving me mad and I’m not taking my...
  19. 4

The past two days I've had three intermittent occurrences of a hard start while all other starts were normal, on a B8 2013 Audi Allroad. 1) Press Ignition Button : car fires and immediately stalls 2) Press Ignition Button Second Time: car continually cranks for ~5s before starting, after which...
  20. 4

Will a dead key fob stop the car from starting?

My wife has our B8 Audi A4 several hours away, and the car won't start, won't crank, nothing. When the key is pushed in to turn on the ignition, no lights come on except a parking brake light, which turns off after a few minutes, the rear interior lights are on, and one brake light is on...