Search results

1. J

A8 2015 - VCDS 'SRI option' Display Output queries ...

The box below shows a [slightly edited for space reasons] display from the first stage of the SRI option on the VCDS front menu from my 2015 A8 in the UK. I use this to see what the service state is and then press 'Cancel', so I don't change anything. Thursday,06,August,2020,20:23:52:22069...
  2. J

Request for change - SRI value table output - A8 D4 [and others] ...

The VCDS SRI 'button' is a useful tool between services, as you can select it, watch the Instrument panel channel values being read quickly and seeing the table of values displayed. Then you cancel the reset you've invoked, but you have a text log of the value table, I believe, in the Debug...
  3. J

A8 2016 - Can I alter individual SRI fields in the cluster? ...

I've tried searching but can't find any specifics about using VCDS to alter specific fields in the instrument cluster that are used for Service alerts. Specifically, I'd like to alter the "IDE03349-FIX: Max. distance until next mileage-related inspection" field as it seems to be set incorrectly...
  4. J

Problem with Optical Bus Diags - VCDS 18.9.0 - MY2016 A8 - UK market ...

Edited to add VCDS interface used. Just [Re]run the Optical Bus Scan against my recently acquired A8 D4 2016 with my Hex+CAN USB interface. As before, it almost finishes [green bar almost at the end] when I get the Windows 'box' saying: "Please Upgrade to a current Ross Tech Interface - Only...
  5. J

MY2016 A8 3.0L TDI CTBD - UK [built July 2015]

Find below the Autoscan of my newly acquired UK market D4 A8 Friday,28,September,2018,11:56:51:53697 VCDS -- Windows Based VAG/VAS Emulator Running on Windows 10 x86 VCDS Version: 18.2.1.2 Data version: 20180518 DS287.1 www.Ross-Tech.com VIN: WAUZZZ4H4GN002801 License Plate: Chassis...
  6. J

Can I reset an ECU to 'new' condition? ...

I'm about to replace the Battery Management ECU - 4E0 915 181 - on my 2005 D3 A8 with a newer second hand unit with a later level of firmware. Obviously this will have the battery logs of the car from which it was removed. I know I can do a 'sort of' clear by changing the battery serial...
  7. J

Can't post to all threads ...

Guys; I've just discovered that although registered, I can't post to the 'How To's and Tips' forum to ask a 'How To' question. Is this intentional? Julian
  8. J

A8 D3 2005 - Irritating Control Head Reset - Incomplete Adaptation values ...

Guys; I've had a few 'battery flats' on my 2005 A8 D3, but the recent one, for some reason, reset my Control Head [CH] to some sort of factory default! When I started the car again, the MMI and DIS text were in German [it's normally UK English:)] and I'd lost most of my options off the Car...
  9. J

A8 D3 - Radio ECU - failure to communicate ...

I was running VCDS Autoscan on my A8 using latest Beta using my usual 'Core Duo' laptop. I'd run an Autoscan about 10 minutes earlier, without any Radio ECU issue and I'd then run an Optical Bus scan, which was also OK. [No log - see other thread :D] I'd cleared all the faults that were...
  10. J

Are Debug=1024 files appended or overwritten? ...

Guys; I had cause to run some Debug=1024 runs for you recently and assumed that the file names were timestamped. As I had several runs I thought there would be several sets of Debug-x files, somehow identifying each run, but when I finished, there were only one set of files. As I couldn't...
  11. J

MOST optical bus scans - would you consider auto logging them? ...

Guys; I had cause to run the MOST optical bus scan on my D3 A8 today but I forgot to save the scan while I was conencted to the car. It was OK but I would have liked to save the results in my car history log. Could you please consider automatically logging Optical scans the same way that you...
  12. J

A8 D3 EPB: Can I reset the Pad thickness easily with VCDS? ...

I've just started getting EPB alerts for the rear pads on my D3 A8: Address 53: Parking Brake Labels: 4E0-910-801.clb Part No SW: 4E0 910 801 A HW: 4E0 907 801 Component: EPB AV1C1010 H01 1010 Revision: AV1C1010 Coding: 0000221 Shop #: WSC 13765 210 01865...
  13. J

Odd missing ECU output from Skoda Fabia using VCDS Beta 17.4.2.3 ...

And another strange issue on a different car with the latest Beta! Ran an Autoscan earlier today on my friend's Skoda Fabia as he had the ABS light permanently on in the instrument panel. I've only just fully analysed the log and noticed that one of the ECUs [46 Central Convenience] is...
  14. J

Odd 'Can't talk to ECU' messages from 17.4.2.3 Beta VCDS ...

Last Saturday I used VCDS on my friend's MY2002 UK TT for the first time. On two runs [before clear and after clear] I got the same message from VCDS for ECU 17 - Instruments. No Faults Found or DTCs not supported by controller or a communication error occurred Edited logs for these...
  15. J

A8 D3 Label file for EPB - minor issue as result of .lbl to .clb conversion? ...

Guys; I've just been trying to diagnose the following EPB DTC with my A8 D3: Address 53: Parking Brake Labels: 4E0-910-801.clb Part No SW: 4E0 910 801 A HW: 4E0 907 801 Component: EPB AV1C1010 H01 1010 Revision: AV1C1010 Coding: 0000221 Shop #: WSC 13765 210...
  16. J

SRI Logs - mark non-changing fields? ...

Just been thinking; might it be useful to all of us who read VCDS SRI logs if VCDS marks [with an *] the Channels in the Instrument Panel that are 'set once' and left unchanged as opposed to the fields that are changed or slowly increased? For example: Channel Description...
  17. J

Assistance with A8 D3 brake alarms please? ...

Having had no previous warnings, and having used the car twice during the day without issues, the evening before last I started my car, drove off and within about 30 seconds had received 'ESP', then 'ABS' then 'Parking brake' alarms and my Instrument panel was 'lit up' with reds and yellows 'all...
  18. J

A8 [D3] & A6 [4F] Battery ECU compatability? ...

Does anyone who looks after various Audi vehicles have any experience of whether the A8 [D3] and A6 [4F] battery manager ECUs are compatible? Or perhaps someone has access to an A8 and an A6 and can quickly swap an A6 one to see if it works in an A8? That is; Can I use an A6 ECU [part number...
  19. J

A8 D3 - Battery manager ECU - 'Missing' Measurement Block descriptions ...

Due to problems with my battery discharging over a few days without use, I've been looking in more detail than usual at the measurement block values of my 2005 A8 D3's Battery Manager ECU and I note that some of the Group Block values I can see [and print] have no descriptions against them. The...
  20. J

VCDS 17.1 licencing issues on legitimate HEX_USB_CAN cable ...

I've had my VCDS HEX-CAN-USB cable for a while but after installing VCDS 17.1 on my WIn 7 laptop this morning and scanning my A8, I experienced two separate licencing issues which I'd never seen before. 1) I Autoscanned my D3 A8 and it halted when reading ECU 4F with a window labelled "VCDS...