Search results

1. P

Throttle adaption problem in 1998 Polo 6N1 1.6 L - too coincidental, looking for suggestions..

Jack, and Uwe, Thanks for persisting with me on this! Jack, you were right, the timing - as it related to the distributor position - was not correct. The physical cam/crank timing was as correct as I could make it, as when I did the TBelt change I had used, via the #1 cylinder spark plug...
  2. P

Throttle adaption problem in 1998 Polo 6N1 1.6 L - too coincidental, looking for suggestions..

Jack, I see I have misunderstood your information and instructions a bit; but tomorrow I will be able to try all that you suggested as it is not possible to do today. I will let you know how it goes ! Cheers, David
  3. P

Thanks again Jack, When I am back at the car I'll run through this using your 0x-AA-BB-CCC decoder system.. David
  4. P

Just saw your next post, it came in while i was doing mine, will have a look into that new post from you
  5. P

Jack, your posted text above reminded me that I had also consulted my Elsawin Polo manual, and found it the same as the Haynes - and so I had used the Haynes for the job as I haven't learnt how to get a printout from within the VirtualBox virtual operating system that runs the Elsawin. The...
  6. P

Here is VIN along with the full set up spec: 6n1 0C3 WVWZZZ6NZWW084210 55KW GKat Aut AEE DP LPN LC5H EK X8C = National sales program Australia C1R = Alloy wheels 6J x 17 G0E = 4-speed automatic transmission H4X = Tires 235/45 R18 94W (polymer coating) J1L = Battery 280 A (60...
  7. P

Jack, Uwe, Just tried for air leaks with a butane cooking torch (normally used for creme brulee, my wife was not pleased) and no effect of the gas on the various lines or throttle body to manifold seal that could cause a vacuum leak, so airleak does not seem to be it. Also there is no...
  8. P

As far as I can tell I did factor that in Jack - I took care to set up the tensioning and then see if the marks were still aligned after a manual rotation or two, and they were still correct at cam and crank then. Also the marks are still aligned after all the mucking around with TBA efflors...
  9. P

Jack, the air leak checks I am hope to do shortly / in a few hours ..
  10. P

Hi again Jack, I had not considered the factory timing marks would be wrong, does that happen much? Not believing the VW factory on such key aspects of their engine makes me wonder if I can't believe anything from the VW factory, and so I will now have ever-expanding set of possibilities that I...
  11. P

Uwe, as below for 098 information. It does not work for TA use though, there is no throttle action that occurs. You will have seen above that Jack feels I have the timing wrong, would that be something that VCDS could show up? Regards, David
  12. P

Thanks for your thoughts again Jack, I did use a Haynes manual to guide me in the belt replacement - this is the text: and and the marks are still lined up as per that information. I did forget to mark <before> unassembling. :-( I did expect that following the manual would be the way...
  13. P

Thanks Jack, Have had the throttle cable really loose as well as only just-loose, with no difference in the TA problem. I have checked the timing marks are spot-on three times now (a bit obsessive, but being very sure) so that aspect should be OK. It raises a small question though. I have...
  14. P

Uwe. I might need some direction here. I do not see an ability to input 005.4, only whole numbers, as below: (hope my first image upload works...)
  15. P

Thanks Uwe, here it is: Sunday,06,December,2020,18:57:54:61186 VCDS -- Windows Based VAG/VAS Emulator Running on Windows 10 x64 VCDS Version: 20.12.0.1 (x64) HEX-V2 CB: 0.4529.4 Data version: 20201125 DS322.1 www.Ross-Tech.com VIN: License Plate: AVE Mileage: 96810km-60154mi Repair...
  16. P

I have a 1998 VW polo 6N1, 1.6 l, 94K kms, in good condition and a one-family car. Recently I changed the timing belt (precautionary, there was no problem) and that went fine, and timing is not the issue here (cam and crank marks are properly lined up). I have been unable to do a successful...
  17. P

Unable to diagnose 1998 Polo "one day no power, unable to idle, VAG-COM has no codes"

Unable to diagnose 1998 Polo "one day no power, unable to idle, VAG-COM has no codes" Hi to you all from a newbie in Australia Got my shiny new VAG0COM to help me track down the problem that suddenly appeared in my Polo. I'm working through the VAG-COm capabilities but there is a LOT there...