Search results

1. G

No Power to Blower, Washer Fluid Pump, Cigarette Lighters

Hi Everyone, This post is to share my experience in case it helps someone else. I purchased a 2007 Passat Wagon as a first car for my son recently. These three items were not working. I had a local VW mechanic troubleshoot the electrical for me. He found that the three fuses that feed these...
  2. G

2006 Passat Misfires

Hello Everyone, My daughter is home from college but will hopefully be heading back and this problem turned up. The car runs well under most circumstances, but during heavier acceleration, like getting on the freeway, it runs very rough, the check engine light blinks. The first time it...
  3. G

Troubleshooting Blower - Output Test?

Hello, We bought my son his first car and knew that the blower motor was not running. Fan switch has no effect and don't know if it's a fuse, the switch, or the blower motor. I bought the VIN upgrade and added his car today thinking I could run an output test on the blower, as this was...
  4. G

General Supplier Question

I need to replace the blower on my Audi A5 and there are a huge number of options ranging in price from $131 to $415. I believe in the saying that you get what you pay for, but also know sometimes you just pay more because its OEM. Does anybody have any opinions (good or bad) on the following...
  5. G

Live logging to troubleshoot?

Hello, I am wondering if someone can tell me how to use my software to log activity while driving to troubleshoot a problem that is not producing any logged events in a scan. My 2010 Audi A5 drives normally under most conditions. When I go full throttle, and accelerate as quickly as the car...
  6. G

Fresh Air Blower

Hello, My fresh air blower does not turn on sometimes, especially when it is very hot outside. I can open up the shroud and give it a little help with a screwdriver and it always starts. I have read this is most likely due to poor connection on the internal motor components due to wear. I plan...
  7. G

Oldest problem in the book...

I am doing the timing belt, water pump, tensioner, drive belt, etc. on my daughter's 2006 Passat 2.0T. I have spent almost 2 full days trying to get all six of the crank pulley bolts out. The first three were reasonable, the fourth was difficult. The fifth was a miracle. There is no corrosion...
  8. G

Walnut Blasting

Hi All, My 2010 Audi 2.0T is in need of carbon buildup removal in the near future and the local German Auto Repair house quoted me $690 to walnut blast the intake valves. They are using a setup they put together that consists of a blaster and vacuum. I have seen some YouTube videos that make...
  9. G

Parking Brake Problems

Hello All, My daughter's Passat was having some intermittent parking brake problems about a year ago. It seemed power related and a new battery made the problem go away. The problem is back now, my daughter is convinced that it is hot weather related (only happens when it's really hot out and...
  10. G

N80 Solenoid Valve for 2010 A5

Hello, I need to replace the N80 valve (037-906-283c) on my Audi A5 Quattro 2.0T. The valve available that is listed as the correct part for my vehicle does not look like the one that is currently installed. It looks like the inlet and outlet are on the same end and oriented at 90 degreed on...
  11. G

Check Engine Light Today

Hi all, Forgive me if this is in bad taste, but I am in a "try before you buy" situation with a friends car and it threw a check engine light today. I ran a scan and this is the result. I would like to understand the cause, but also want to ask the general question as to whether this car seems...
  12. G

VCDS already paid for itself!

I am verified but seem unable to post elsewhere so I am putting it here. Shortly after receiving my VCDS I ran a scan on my 2002 Jetta 2.0 (I have three Volkswagens). It showed a long term fuel adjustment. I searched for a vacuum leak using carb cleaner but could find nothing. I decided to...