Search results

1. L

Deactivate brake pad warning Audi A6 2012

Hi. Anyone knows how to deactivate the brake pad warning on this car ? Thursday,22,September,2016,11:11:53:62006 VCDS -- Windows Based VAG/VAS Emulator Running on Windows 8.1 x64 VCDS Version: 16.8.1.3 (x64) Data version: 20160902 DS256 www.Ross-Tech.com VIN: WAUZZZ4GXCN057142 License...
  2. L

Audi A3, 2004, databus (and power?) problem

Hi there, the symptoms: I was driving, and noticed that the light in the instrument cluster went black. Then it came back, went black again, and then all the dials went to 0. Came back, gone again. This happened a few times, then everything was back to normal. The scan is first before I...
  3. L

Security access code VW Caddy

Hi, anyone have a security access code for module 09 on this car ? We are trying to reverse the start / stop function logic. 01-Engine -- Status: OK 0000 02-Auto Trans -- Status: OK 0000 03-ABS Brakes -- Status: OK 0000 04-Steering Angle -- Status: OK 0000 08-Auto HVAC -- Status: OK 0000...
  4. L

MMI not starting up, audi A6

Hi, car has been ok until today. Started up, the MMI screen did not extend. Tried to open it by manually pushing the button, after some seconds it extend, shows the "MMI startup screen" for some sec. then goes black and retracts again. Any hints ? Tried the "optical bus diagnostics" on the...
  5. L

How to prime fuel pump, VE TDi ?

Hi, helping a friend with a Audi A6 2002, AKE engine code, to fix a "non start" situation. We found that there is no fuel supply, and I want to activate the fuel pump (lifting pump) with VCDS, but thats not possible ? Basic settings channel 035 is not available. Is there any other way to active...
  6. L

Missing label files VW CADDY 2016

There is some missing files on the 2016 caddy. Saturday,20,February,2016,14:00:09:62006 VCDS -- Windows Based VAG/VAS Emulator Running on Windows 8.1 x64 VCDS Version: 15.7.4.1 (x64) Data version: 20160216 www.Ross-Tech.com VIN: WV1ZZZ2KZGXxxxxxx License Plate...
  7. L

Using my "scope" to measure ABS sensor

Hi there, I am still experimenting with my cars to learn things. This time, I have not destroyed anything :) I wanted to test my ABS sensor (which is NOT broken, NOT giving any fault codes etc. I just want to learn and test) with my oscilloscope (Hantek DSO1102B). So I went ahead, jacked up my...
  8. L

Unable to update HEX-NET ?

Trying to check for updates. Get error code -2. When trying through web interface it says update check timed out, please check your internet connection ??!?
  9. L

Trouble adapting used ECU with VCDS

Hi, please look at this video: https://vimeo.com/149798390 (password is vcds) Am I doing something wrong here ?
  10. L

Get a better instrument cluster Audi A3 8P

Hi friends, The question is if I can fit a better (better graphics and better look) instrument cluster on my Audi A3 8P 2004. The cluster I want to put in is from a 2009 Audi A3, with part # 8P0 920 931 S Or is there any other instrument cluster I can put in which is better (nicer to look at)...
  11. L

Seatbelt symbol in aft seats

In our audi A6 3.0 TDi 2012 (4G / C7) there is a symbol in the instrument cluster which shows if the seatbelts in the three aft seats is on use or not. Almost every time we drive the car now, the instrument says that the seatbelt in aft seat on the passenger side is always in use, even if the...
  12. L

How to readapt remote key, Audi A6 4G

Hi, replaced the battery in both key remotes yesterday. Today when my wife should go to work, NONE of them works. I really don't know why, and went outside, opened the car with the keyblade. The car is not recognizing the keys for engine start either as long as you dont hold the key CLOSE to...
  13. L

Generic CAN gateway for testbench use

Hi, I want to build myself a little "test bench", and is looking for a "generic" gateway module which supports as many modules as possible. Is there any gateway that is better to buy than others ? Or can I just buy the cheapest I find ? Like this one...
  14. L

Flash failed, car wont start

Hi friends, yup, it happend. I tried up flash software update to my Audi A3 engine ECU. After aprox. 30 sec. odis e told me that I should turn the ignition off and on again, and the flash has failed. In the flash log is a german fault message "flashen der datenblocke fehlgeschlagen". Below is...
  15. L

Technical question about WD and EDC16U31

Hi, background: a friend has a 2006 Audi A4 with BLB engine, and ECU EDC16U31. He changed the engine with a used one (still BLB) due to problems with the oil pump. ONLY the engine and engine wiring harness has been changed. NOT the ECU. Now the car will not start. I suspect that the ECU do not...
  16. L

VW Touran, install timer on aux heater

Hi, A good friend of mine has a VW Touran. He has the aux. heater, but can not start the heater manual (only when you start the engine). I THINK he has the circulation pump. What else is needed to get the timer function on this heater (in the menu on the display and / or remote control)...
  17. L

Will firmware update turn on immo or CP ?

Hi there, I am not very satisfied with the mpg on my audi a6 2012 (4G) 3.0 TDi. I can see that there is firmware updates for both engine control unit and also the transmission. I am planning to try to flash this myself. Will a software update (flash) risk to "desynchronise" the immo, or turn on...
  18. L

Aux. heater not heating when its cold outside.

Hi, my 2004 Audi A3 with 165k km on the counter has had the aux. heater working ok until now (I only owned the car since about 3 months ago). But today, when its about -10 celcuis outside the heater did not start to heat. It probably stopped (or never fired up) with the following fault code...
  19. L

Caddy 2008, aux. heater fault code, unable to clear

Hi, would appreciate the security code to module 18 to clear the codes: Saturday,17,October,2015,15:54:37:62006 VCDS -- Windows Based VAG/VAS Emulator Running on Windows 8.1 x64 VCDS Version: 15.7.1.0 (x64) Data version: 20150904 www.Ross-Tech.com VIN: WV1ZZZ2KZ8XXXXXXX License Plate...
  20. L

BKD engine, add fuel pump basic settings pls

Hi, can you please add basic settings group 035 on 03G-906-016-BKD.lbl fuel pump basic settings ? Thank you :) (I have tried, and it works, but there is no fuel pump basic settings in the drop down menu, you have to manually choose group 035).