Search results

1. L

How unlock gray icons

That ECU is probably in a MK6 Golf or similar so should be fine on a HEX-CAN USB. I suspect the problem is their interface isn't genuine :facepalm: Guess we'll find out when Uwe pops by :popcorn:
  2. L

Retro Fit Camera and Head Unit - Transporter T5.1 - Coding problem

I expect VCDS is getting confused due to this: Part No SW: ----------- HW: ----------- Component: Radio --- 5814 Revision: -------- Serial number: -------------- I doubt it'll find a label file for an unknown unit :/ Might be worth contacting your seller to see why it's not reporting a HW/SW...
  3. L

Idiot alert

Yup :) Good luck with your laptop!
  4. L

Hi - And how do i become a verified member?

Welcome, instructions to become verified are here: https://forums.ross-tech.com/index.php?threads/2601/ Might take a day or two as it's a manual process :)
  5. L

Click on his name which takes you here: https://forums.ross-tech.com/index.php?members/2/ Then hit "Start Conversation" at a guess :)
  6. L

3 VIN or 10 VIN?

Personally, I'd grab the 10-VIN as they are better value (£75 for 7 extra VIN's) and only one upgrade from being unlimited. It should have better resell value given it has more VIN's. Once you're used to VCDS, you can probably also help out local VAG owners too. If you charge a small amount to...
  7. L

Audi A3 ABS pump code

Welcome! I'd suggest you start with a full autoscan of the vehicle in question :)
  8. L

Audi A6 C7 Facelift Estate rear camera retro fit

Honestly no idea, if it's relatively easy to access and revert, then I'd say go for it. Obviously in an idea world, you'd connect it to the extended CAN to rule out the wiring completely :)
  9. L

Can you find out what the grey connector is, then find it on the WD to see which CAN-bus is at pins you've used. If it's extended CAN, then that should be fine.
  10. L

Rosstech won't host images so you need to upload them to a 3rd party site such as https://postimages.org/ Based on your WD, you know the camera should be connected to extended CAN. The next thing to check is which CAN-bus the "CAN in the boot" is actually connected to. Hopefully it's also...
  11. L

If I were you, I'd start by checking the wiring diagram and figuring out which CAN-bus the camera is and should be connected to. It shouldn't matter where on a CAN-bus a module is connected, only that it's on the correct one as per the factory diagram. I'd then probably change VPS_0x0B_msg_bus...
  12. L

Not sure exactly what the "Part No SW", "HW" and the "Hx 0xxx" versions mean in terms of compatibly for these cameras. In most cases I've found, "Part No SW: 4S0 980 556 A" seems to be fitted to an R8 although it has very different "HW: 95B 980 551 L". Might be worth asking @Rizzio as it looks...
  13. L

Why shouldn't SBJ try a permanent live? Just because the solution isn't right for you, doesn't mean it's not right from someone with a newer, differently configured car. Especially with a CAN-gateway which appears to supports this style of camera rather then the older J772 style your car seems...
  14. L

@SBJ - Given the camera is working correctly, I think it's probably on suitable CAN-bus? Feel free to try moving the CAN connection or changing VPS_0x0B_msg_bus to see if it helps but I don't think it will. Much like the OP, The intermittent comms is probably due to it having a switched live...
  15. L

Multi-gauges display app

Other tools exist that use inexpensive OBDII WiFi/BT adaptors and will show gauges, for example Torque. Feels like that would be more suited to that use case and budget :/ I'm not aware of any tools that make VCDS data output 'pretty', there is VC-Scope but it looks pretty basic...
  16. L

2010 Skoda Octavia Door Electronics driver side, security login code ?

I never tried to do a security login using VCDS, instead, I only entered the security/login code via ODIS-e when tweaking the EEPROM. I've since swapped cars so I'm no longer able to check I'm afraid.
  17. L

2010 Skoda Octavia Door Electronics driver side, security login code ?

When I did this to my Octavia the 04354 code worked for me. I used ODIS-e with a VAS5054a and my controllers were: Address 42: Door Elect, Driver Labels:. 1K0-959-701-MAX3.clb Part No SW: 1T0 959 701 AA HW: 1T0 959 701 AA Component: Tuer-SG 009 2120 Coding: 0004854...
  18. L

Lane assist on Superb mk3 2015

Can you post an autoscan so we can see what modules your car has :)
  19. L

Module 02 AutoTrans Basic Setting Unavailable

It might help if you tried following the correct procedure for your transmission. As far as I can tell your transmission doesn't support 'basic settings' so that's an issue with your understanding - even the factory tool can't get a module to do a function it doesn't support... I'd suggest...
  20. L

Module 02 AutoTrans Basic Setting Unavailable

As far as I can tell: - The ODIS video you posted appears to be a 0BK which is a 8 speed auto (not DSG) - The VCDS video you posted appears to be a 0B5 which is a 7 speed DSG - Your transmission appears to be a 09L which is a 6 speed auto (not DSG) That might explain why the steps in the videos...