Search results

1. L

Lear 3Q0 CAN gateway differences?

I'm trying to get a better understanding of 3Q0 CAN gateway versions, mostly to decide if I should replace/flash/keep my existing gateway. Sorry if I start rambling on! I wasn't sure if it would better fit in tweaks or retrofits but given it may require hardware changes, retrofits felt a better...
  2. L

ABS, ESC, steering lights lit on 1Z Octavia (MY08)

Hoping for a little guidance if possible. A chap asked me to scan his car to double check a garages suggestion before paying for more parts. Short story if I understood it correctly: - car working perfectly fine - took it to a garage to replace rear springs (one had snapped) and front drop...
  3. L

262661 - Sensor for Anti-Theft Alarm System, B1330 F0 [009] - Data Record Invalid

A friend of mine just bought a used Skoda Octavia MK3, on the first scan almost every module had fault codes but they mostly seemed voltage related. After clearing the DTC's, a single fault code remains: 262661 - Sensor for Anti-Theft Alarm System B1330 F0 [009] - Data Record Invalid...
  4. L

Short remote range after BCM replacement

Replaced a BCM on a Skoda Superb but with the new module the remote range seems limited to a few feet. The reason for replacement was to add support for LED lighting, I believe the BCM was new as it still had factory mode set. Changes were also made to the Columbus/RNS-510 as there were a number...
  5. L

Factory xenon retrofit - MY12 Skoda Octavia

I've just fitted factory xenons to a MY12 Skoda Octavia Elegance. It has headlight washers as standard and I've also added front/rear level sensors and a AFS module. Everything seem to be working as expected but have a couple of questions to make sure it's correctly coded etc. Is the lcode...
  6. L

AFS issues on 2009 Skoda Superb

Symptom is that the following error message was shown on the dash "No bend lighting (AFS) function. Owner's manual". It's possible to clear this message and get normal functionally by turning the headlights off/on a few times but it comes back and disables the AFS function again. There are a...
  7. L

Change tire pressures for direct monitoring

I've recently fitted direct TPMS and would like to adjust the expected pressures for partial and full loads. I've looked at the wiki page http://wiki.ross-tech.com/wiki/index.php/VW_Golf_(1K)_Tire_Pressure_Monitoring but it's not helped as this module doesn't have any coding available. I tried...
  8. L

Fatigue detection (MKE/DAS) retrofit issues

I'm attempting to get MKE working on a MY12 FL Octavia but there is a recurring fault. From what I understand, I need support in the gateway, instruments and steering assist for this to work. I replaced the gateway (7N0 907 530 H) with a compatible version (7N0 907 530 AN) and flashed it to...
  9. L

Disable boot/truck unlock/lock button?

On most (if not all) VAG group cars, there is a third button on the remote that will unlock the boot only. Once you've opened and then closed the boot it automatically locks it again, which I think is pretty good but a few of my friends have managed to lock their keys in the boot! Is there...
  10. L

Additional heater (PTC) PR-7E6 in MY12 Octavia?

As it takes the TDi an age to heat up, I'm looking to install an auxiliary heater, I've looked about and the correct part numbers are either 1K0963235F or 1K0963235G. Looking at the wiring diagrams, I'll need to add fuses and relays to switch the elements from the direct diesel injection system...
  11. L

LED DRL's MY12 Octavia - bulb check?

I suspect this might be a byte 18 mystery. I want to replace the DRLs on a MY12 Octavia Elegance with LEDs but this will cause a blown bulb warning on the dash. As the VRS model came with LED DRLs I hope it's as simple as copying the coding over, assuming Skoda wire the DRLs in both cars...