VCDS -- BRAKE FLUID BLEEDING PROCESS

DWGolf2022

Reaction score
The RHD 23.8mm master cylinder 1J2 614 019 J REP is available from ATE in theory under their part number 24.4153-0202.3, it is just that they don't have any stock. I had this problem via another garage who were pulling their hair out over it and it turned out to be an internal fault in the servo
I’ve checked and checked again all the brake lines hoses joints etc of the system. The pedal is now rock hard with engine off. Once the engine is started the pedal sinks down if I pump the pedal it is higher but then slowly moves down.
I was wondering if it would be worth getting someone to put pressure on the brake pedal while I crack open and lock off each pipe fitting going into the abs pump just in case there is an airlock in the abs unit. It seems odd that the pedal is rock solid with the engine off but creeps down once stared kinda makes me think it could be the brake booster/servo but that looks like a big job to replace this

Crasher

Professional User
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=21420
Very much like the one we had with internal servo failure

• Informative
Reactions: Uwe

bjohns70

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=543176
Hello everyone,

Sorry for the delay
I have the answer :)

ABS process bleeding module
Prerequisite :
-2 Mechanics
-A pressure bleeding machine with 1 litter of brake fluid minimum
-2 Bleeding bottles

Select 03-ABS-Break
Click on "04-Basic settings".
Select "Group 001" and press "GO".
Press down the brake pedal firmly as for emergency braking
The ABS pump then triggers itself.
Then connect the bleeding bottle to the front bleeding screws (front right / front left) and open them.
Then click on "next".
The ABS pump starts bleeding
Then press the brake pedal slightly 10 times (do not press the brake pedal all the way down to the floor to avoid damaging the master cylinder).
Close the two bleed screws (end of bleeding process)
Leave the process (Do not click on "next" otherwise the process restart)

After bleeding the ABS module, continue with a normal bleeding Front left / Front right / Rear left / Rear right -- Bleed approx. 200ml per breaking caliper.

I hope the procedure will help you.
Best regards

Are you supposed to hold the pedal down after the ABS triggers, while the other person opens the screws? Or can you let the pedal up and go open them?

edit: Sorry, it says in the VCDS dialog to release pedal. I wasnt in front of the machine at the time. Sorry, thanks!

Thanks!

Last edited:
Back