Window regulator

cschmitz20

Verified VCDS-Lite User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=385099
I have a 2003 Audi cabriolet 3.0. And the front passenger window is stuck up. When I try to click the button from either side all I hear is clicking in that door bug no window movement. I would think the clicking mean it’s getting power. I have no codes for that window in vcds either. I took the door panel off to see if there any obvious issues but none spotted. Before I attempt to take the glass out and get to the regulator which is like
Minor brain surgery. I wanted to see if anyone had any ideas of what it could be. Given the clicking in the door when I try to open or close from either window switch.

DrPeter

Ross-Tech Employee
Ross-Tech Employee
Reaction score
Hi there,

It sounds like a failed window regulator. You will most likely need to remove the window motor and see if the cable is all bound up.

These regulators have two cables that the motor winds up or down the window with and they can end up wrapping around the area of the motor when something fails.

hope this helps,

drpeter

Reactions: Uwe

cschmitz20

Verified VCDS-Lite User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=385099
Ok thanks for the info. I had to replace the rear one because of a broken cable. Probably the same here. Think I willw

Back