Ukraine

Fixit

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=506336
Try getting FKM (Viton) rubber products.

The following is from here: https://www.martins-rubber.co.uk/blog/rubber-compound-shortages-a-global-phenomenon/

What are the reasons for the supply issues?

• Sanctions on Russia
Oil and gas is a feedstock of many polymers, and carbon black is a critical component of many rubber compounds. Russia is responsible for roughly 30% of the world’s supply of both. This means that current sanctions placed on Russia have created a squeeze on these important raw materials – resulting in both material shortages and price hikes.

• Force majeure declared by 3M
3M are a key part of the global rubber supply chain and the recent forced closure of one of their European sites has resulted in a shortage of key ingredients used in FKM and FFKM (perfluoroelastomers). They have also terminated supply from one of their Russian plants, severing material availability from that source. 3M have, as a result of these events, declared a force majeure event.

• Competition with other markets
R142b gas is a critical component of FKM, and challenges in the scaling up of production (largely in China) combined with a huge increase in demand for the manufacture of lithium batteries for vehicle electrification has resulted in supply shortages and price increases.

Similarly, an increase in demand by the automotive and oil & gas industries has led to a deficit of the HNBR compound; key global producers do not intend to increase capacity but there is hope that the demand will abate in Q4 of this year.

• Energy crisis in China
China is in the midst of an energy crisis which has led to the introduction of rolling blackouts for their most energy-intensive industries. The majority of the world’s silicone feedstock comes from China, and with plants running at reduced capacity we are seeing shortages of all silicone compounds as a result.

• Impacts of Covid
Personnel absence as a result of Covid is still impacting staffing levels on many production lines and, as a result, some suppliers are choosing to consolidate production runs or stop specific lines. The impact further down the supply chain is in much longer lead times on some constituent ingredients. Added to this, the port of Shanghai is currently closed due to a city-wide lockdown, meaning that containers of already limited silicone supplies are unable to leave for export.

In all, there are 90 ingredients that go into the compounds we purchase which are currently all but impossible to get hold of by our own suppliers, regardless of the price that we or our customers are willing to pay.

• Informative
Reactions: Uwe

Crasher

Professional User
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=21420
Russia also exports mail brides , good business there too ;)

Mail brides, is that a misspelling (male) for a new LGB etc etc trend or "mail order brides". The Ukrainians do the same, I imagine there will be a surplus of woman (widows, fatherless daughters, bereaved girlfriends) from both countries as the meat grinder rolls on.

• Agree
Reactions: JMR

JMR

Professional User
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=432218
News :

Annalena Baerbock says supporting Kiev matters more than expected winter unrest.
Even if Germans take to the streets over energy prices, Berlin must support Ukraine by maintaining sanctions on Russia, Foreign Minister Annalena Baerbock told a conference in Prague on Wednesday.
While much of the German cabinet was at a working retreat in Castle Meseberg outside Berlin, Baerbock was in Prague for a conference dubbed ‘Democracy’s Clear and Present Danger: How Do We Respond?’ organized by the NGO Forum 2000.
“If I give the promise to people in Ukraine – ‘We stand with you, as long as you need us’ – then I want to deliver. No matter what my German voters think, but I want to deliver to the people of Ukraine,” Baerbock said at one point.

“I have to be clear that this holds on as long as Ukraine needs me,” she said, referring to the EU embargo against Russia.

“We are facing now wintertime, when we will be challenged as democratic politicians. People will go in the street and say ‘We cannot pay our energy prices’. And I will say ‘Yes I know, so we help you with social measures.’ But I don’t want to say ‘Ok then we stop the sanctions against Russia.’ We will stand with Ukraine, and this means the sanctions will stay also in wintertime, even if it gets really tough for politicians.”

End of news.

Bitch , is getting tough for your own people not for fucking politicians !!!!
Is she fucking retarded or what ? What do you mean you don t give a fuck about your people / voters ? Who the fuck do you think put you in that position ? Man , i read this kind of news and i wonder sometimes if these people are on crack everyday or just twice a week .These is what is wrong with politicians these days, they care about people from other countries more than own people. Is not like she represents Ukraine. What kind of fucked up promise is that ?. The german people should fucking ask for and execute this bitch summarily at the wall only based on these declaration snippets. I consider this HIGH FUCKING TREASON !!!

Unbefuckingbelivable ! This shit here got my blood going ! I dare a romanian politician to say the same shit, i will be first in line to try and stab that motherfucker !!!

Last edited:

HMC

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=28246
I am not sure a string of profanities and threatening violence is helpful. Whether you agree with them or not, it is never open season on politicians to be murdered.
Regards HMC

JMR

Professional User
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=432218
No..we should let them drive us ourself to chaos and anarchy. These people should know of and fear retribution from their people , be it prison, maiming , a good beating or whatever. What do you think a mob of cold, hungry and desperate people would do to such politician if it comes to it ? You think they 'll pat them on the back ? Have a chat with him/her? Find the reasons ?I don t think so ...but maybe i m old school and i call it like i see it. We are animals at the core..we re just reasoning to a point..after that point...there is no reasoning whatsoever.

RGH0

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=433612
I think Germany and the rest of Europe in accepting some limits on energy supplies this winter and to a lesser extent the rest of the first world accepting higher energy prices is a small price to pay for supporting the right of an independent democracy to fight for its freedom against a totalitarian dictatorship invasion.

The shortage of food in the 3rd world created by the Russian invasion is another issue and much more serious if you're starving in Africa but I don't think Putin really cares about that or anything else except for the glory of imperialistic mother Russia.

Time is playing out and Russia is so far looking like it has drawn the short straw in this special military operation / war / dispute

RGH0

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=433612
Thanks for reinforcing your Vlad the dictator cheer squad position JMR. I respect your right to hold your own personal views but personally I will continue to cheer for the democracies of the world despite their obvious flaws

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
Annalena Baerbock says
[...]
I want to deliver. No matter what my German voters think
"We must destroy democracy here in Germany in order to save it over there in Ukraine".

What do you think a mob of cold, hungry and desperate people would do to such politician if it comes to it ?
execution-of-marie-antoinette-1755-93-in-the-place-de-la-revolution-16th-october-1793-coloured-french-school.jpg

-Uwe-

JMR

Professional User
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=432218
"We must destroy democracy here in Germany in order to save it over there in Ukraine".

execution-of-marie-antoinette-1755-93-in-the-place-de-la-revolution-16th-october-1793-coloured-french-school.jpg

-Uwe-
Right on the money !!!

JMR

Professional User
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=432218
Thanks for reinforcing your Vlad the dictator cheer squad position JMR. I respect your right to hold your own personal views but personally I will continue to cheer for the democracies of the world despite their obvious flaws
My view is " i must not sacrifice my own people for the benefit of others". That s my view plain and simple. My people are my family , my blood , my ancestors. Each country it s a tribe. A tribe leader should not sacrifice his own for the benefit of another tribe . He could try and work things around if need be..but insofar as not caring for his tribe / country in the benefit of other tribe/country ...that there calls for him/ her to be impalled on a damn stick !. It s a tough thing to say...

• Agree

JMR

Professional User
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=432218
I am not sure a string of profanities and threatening violence is helpful. Whether you agree with them or not, it is never open season on politicians to be murdered.
Regards HMC
Oh..you should ve seen me live , i was pacing ,cursing and pacing and cursing . It got my guts in a knot...I did not expect that shamefull boldness and disrespect for her own people..that s all..

Quintus Rotam

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=490177
Oh..you should ve seen me live , i was pacing ,cursing and pacing and cursing . It got my guts in a knot...

That’s some nice ulcer-inducing material right there
And it's not even your tribe :confused:

DneprDave

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=346555
Oh..you should ve seen me live , i was pacing ,cursing and pacing and cursing . It got my guts in a knot...I did not expect that shamefull boldness and disrespect for her own people..that s all..
Wow, I never get upset over what I see on the internet!

JMR

Professional User
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=432218

RGH0

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=433612
I guess it all gets down then to who you consider part of your tribe. Personally I consider all democracies in the world part of my tribe and would make sacrifices to support them

mattylondon

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=219022
News :

Annalena Baerbock says supporting Kiev matters more than expected winter unrest.
Even if Germans take to the streets over energy prices, Berlin must support Ukraine by maintaining sanctions on Russia, Foreign Minister Annalena Baerbock told a conference in Prague on Wednesday.
While much of the German cabinet was at a working retreat in Castle Meseberg outside Berlin, Baerbock was in Prague for a conference dubbed ‘Democracy’s Clear and Present Danger: How Do We Respond?’ organized by the NGO Forum 2000.
“If I give the promise to people in Ukraine – ‘We stand with you, as long as you need us’ – then I want to deliver. No matter what my German voters think, but I want to deliver to the people of Ukraine,” Baerbock said at one point.

“I have to be clear that this holds on as long as Ukraine needs me,” she said, referring to the EU embargo against Russia.

“We are facing now wintertime, when we will be challenged as democratic politicians. People will go in the street and say ‘We cannot pay our energy prices’. And I will say ‘Yes I know, so we help you with social measures.’ But I don’t want to say ‘Ok then we stop the sanctions against Russia.’ We will stand with Ukraine, and this means the sanctions will stay also in wintertime, even if it gets really tough for politicians.”

End of news.

Bitch , is getting tough for your own people not for fucking politicians !!!!
Is she fucking retarded or what ? What do you mean you don t give a fuck about your people / voters ? Who the fuck do you think put you in that position ? Man , i read this kind of news and i wonder sometimes if these people are on crack everyday or just twice a week .These is what is wrong with politicians these days, they care about people from other countries more than own people. Is not like she represents Ukraine. What kind of fucked up promise is that ?. The german people should fucking ask for and execute this bitch summarily at the wall only based on these declaration snippets. I consider this HIGH FUCKING TREASON !!!

Unbefuckingbelivable ! This shit here got my blood going ! I dare a romanian politician to say the same shit, i will be first in line to try and stab that motherfucker !!!

I shall just leave this link here.

• Informative
Reactions: JMR

JMR

Professional User
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=432218
I guess it all gets down then to who you consider part of your tribe. Personally I consider all democracies in the world part of my tribe and would make sacrifices to support them
You're a large heart i give you that but...So please tell me what sacrifices have you endured in supporting Ukraine ? When i say that i mean the ones where you made on free will choice to support ,not you being forced by whatever company/govt to pay more for gas /electric/food or take a shower every 2 days etc. No, the personal at your free goodwill sacrifices so far..I would like to know. If there was a democracy before the invasion in Ukraine , i would've stand with them. There wasn't then and isn't now and it won't be in the future either. If the people there would've been free before and had a good life, they would've fought the invasion on their free will not by being constricted and restricted from leaving the country. The cold is nearly upon us. Govt's around the world started imposing some restrictions again at different levels. There will be no money to be made, no cheap food to feed on and colder than shit. Give it couple more months and we'll see how it plays out ...

RGH0

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=433612
From what I observe The Ukraine has no problem finding people to fight the Russians, what they need are weapons and training. On the other hand Russia seems to be struggling to find troops to go to the Ukraine to fight. That in itself tells you a lot about which country is more of a democracy

Australia is the lucky country (once again) in that, as a major grain and energy exporter it is benefiting from the war in general as a country due to the increased prices. My personal sacrifices are small in terms of added energy costs so far, but will be greater in the coming years as my pension is eaten away by the inflation caused by the war. Many thousands of Australians died in both the first and second world wars fighting in Europe to support the democracies and if NATO gets involved in a direct shooting war with Russia, Australia will probably be there again, unless China decides to act in the Pacific at the same time

JMR

Professional User
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=432218
That s what i tought ! We are being forced to make sacrifices ( more money paid for the same things that last year was a lot cheaper). Nobody came to ask you if you re willing to do that. They forced you by default. That there is not sacrifice.. That there is you /us being robbed of our last cents to benefit the big players..but then you think you re making a sacrifice for " democracy " of the world. Nope ! In the case of a real war..i don t think that it will be like the last two wars ( which were started by some players also ). There will be hell from the sky and then that s that.

• Agree
Back