Climate control display inop in 2005 Jetta MK5

atikovi

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=115538
The A/C and blower work fine but there is no temperature display for both sides and none of LEDs in the buttons or dials work. Which fuse feeds the display in the control unit? Also noticed the Homelink doesn't work either when I press a button.

PetrolDave

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=1423
The A/C and blower work fine but there is no temperature display for both sides and none of LEDs in the buttons or dials work. Which fuse feeds the display in the control unit? Also noticed the Homelink doesn't work either when I press a button.
Sounds like you need to download a WD and look specifically for a fuse common to the climate panel and Homelink.

atikovi

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=115538
My mistake was checking Homelink during the day. At night I could see the red LED much better so that's fine. Do have Elsawin and the fuses for the Climatronic are good. Will have to check at the connector for power next.

PetrolDave

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=1423
My mistake was checking Homelink during the day. At night I could see the red LED much better so that's fine. Do have Elsawin and the fuses for the Climatronic are good. Will have to check at the connector for power next.
Don't forget to check ground continuity as well.

Reactions: Uwe

atikovi

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=115538
I only noticed it after replacing the headliner, but don't think that would be related.

Back