3G

Crasher

Professional User
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=21420
In the last couple of days I have had two post 2015 type 3G Passats in, one was for a service and the other to code in a new sunroof module. On the one for service I struggled to get my new HEX NET dongle to stay in the port and maintain a connection, I had to hold it in place but then moved on as I had things to do. Today I was doing the sunroof coding and I could not get the dongle to even make a contact, I had to drop the panel down and extract the port so I could plug in, then I realised I had to use ODIS to do the coding and software management, so I put the trim back together, the VAS 6154 plugged in fine and I tried the HEX NET again and could see it was fouling on the trim, part number 3G2 819 593 A, before the terminals could make contact, is this a right hand drive peculiarity? My old HEX-NET interface plugs straight in

Bruce

Staff member
Ross-Tech Employee
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
--------
@Mike@Gendan, is this something you are hearing more complaints about? We have not heard complaints.

Our tools meet the required standards. Early on, VAG had models that had trim issues (and did not meet the standard) with access to the DLC. Didn't think it would come back in recent models.

Mike@Gendan

VCDS Distributor
VCDS Distributor
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57030
@Mike@Gendan, is this something you are hearing more complaints about? We have not heard complaints.

Our tools meet the required standards. Early on, VAG had models that had trim issues (and did not meet the standard) with access to the DLC. Didn't think it would come back in recent models.
Not really hearing more, but we've had 2 or 3 come up in the last year or 2.
In the cases I remember the RHD mounting location seemed to cause the problem.

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
Back