Recent content by DV52

1. DV52

Car image changing

@ib97 Hi. Try this - to set the image to Golf mk7, set Byte0=02 (Binary 0000 0010), Byte1=73 (Binary 0111 0011), Byte3=00 (Binary 0000 0000) on the hex5F module. Remember that Binary numbers are read from right-to-left (i.e. same as decimal numbers), so Bit0 is the right-most digit Don
  2. DV52

New guy with the proverbial "help me please"

@MTHines: Hi. Based purely on the instructions from Integrated Automotive in your link -I note that Byte8 of the long-code string on your hex5F module has the value hex7D, or Binary 0111 1101. Remembering that Binary numbers are read from right-to-left (so, Bit0 is the right most digit), this...
  3. DV52

2020 US Presidential Election

Bruce: wow - you paint a very disturbing picture indeed - I hope (I'd say "pray" if I was a believer) that your view of a dystopian American society post Nov 5, 2020 is grossly exaggerated! I disagree entirely!! Of course, the Government of a country is vitally important to the way that the...
  4. DV52

@Uwe: haha - I know that your reply above is said in complete jest. But from my perspective as a foreigner with a passing interest in US politics (as I sit here in my study on the other side of the planet watching a mob of kangaroos graze in a distant paddock and listening to the kookaburras...
  5. DV52

@Uwe: Just for the record - of course I don't really believe that you even slightly evil (quite the opposite in fact)!!! I'm not sure how much you know about Australia's democratic process but we have an "opt-out" voter registration system and accountability for the entire process (including...
  6. DV52

@Uwe: I tried the link and indeed I was able to enter as Billy Gates - you are a (slightly) evil man!!:D Don
  7. DV52

Skoda Octavia Mib2 retrofit

@vagcodinguk: hi. If I understand the problem correctly (not sure that I do) - I note that Byte24 in the changed long-code string for the new MIB has the value hex46, or Binary 0100 0110. This means that Bit 3 is not set (the highlighted Bit in the Binary value). According to my database, the...
  8. DV52

Introduction & Audi A3 E-tron Battery Health

@PetrolDave Dave: 101% true - and let's not forget that if the car in question incorporates regeneration (I suspect OP's E-Tron has this), the energy management system MUST by definition allow a "headroom" margin below full battery capacity (so 100 % SOC never happens via traditional...
  9. DV52

2017 Octavia vRS - Setting Longlife/Variable Servicing

@Uwe: forgive me -but I just couldn't resist emphasizing the bolded bit in your reply (which of course is exactly the objective of ESI). :facepalm:
  10. DV52

@Jack@European_Parts Jack : It's been a while since last we spoke, thanks for responding - but you are going to have to help me here!! Assume that I'm a rank moron with an IQ in the lower quartile of the normal distribution curve - which ain't far from the truth!! What are the acronyms in...
  11. DV52

Introduction & Audi A3 E-tron Battery Health

@Uwe : Probably one of America's worst decisions - IMHO!! Only good for the copper/aluminum industry (extra insulation is far cheaper)!! Don
  12. DV52

hmm..... @Uwe (et al supporters of Uwe's positon)...... forgive my continuing skepticism on this matter, but there is a fundamental question in this debate worth considering IMHO; If ESI deniers are correct and if this facility is ultimately detrimental to the car's longevity (which at best can...
  13. DV52

@Uwe: Thanks. Arrhh..............now I see your point!! If the vehicle comes with the PR number “QG1", then Shirely we both must agree that the calculation can be properly done - and in this case, ESI is a more efficient method for determining the lubricant's useful life. For those cars that...
  14. DV52

@Stouffer Hi. Depending on your view of Uwe's response regarding the validity of Audi/VW ESI facility (which has been around since late 2000 according to SSP 224 - try this: Hex 17 module - Adaptation IDE00512-ESI: minimum value km-driving distance/inspection > *15000 km IDE00513-ESI: maximum...
  15. DV52

I'm surprised! Why? Purely from an efficiency perspective - what's wrong with determining the service interval based on a calculation of the ACTUAL deterioration of the car's lubricant (i.e. based on ACTUAL sensor information) - rather than based on a fixed interval? Particularly with modern...