Recent content by Dukedesmo

1. Dukedesmo

Exhaust valves open all the time

If it's like the valve/flap in the second tailpipe of an A3, 3.2 or Golf R32 then the simple way is to disconnect the actuator from the valve (so that it can still actuate and not bring up any error) then mechanically fix the valve in the open position. You can do this with a stainless steel...
  2. Dukedesmo

2007 VW Fox, 1.2

Probably not of great interest due to age & vehicle? but have this 3 cylinder Fox at the house today so here's a scan; Tuesday,25,June,2019,11:16:28:24986 VCDS -- Windows Based VAG/VAS Emulator Running on Windows 7 x86 VCDS Version: 19.6.0.2 Data version: 20190529 DS308.0 www.Ross-Tech.com...
  3. Dukedesmo

2019 Audi Q2 30 tdi

Just picked up a new Q2 30 (1.6) tdi for the Wife, unfortunately my HEX+CAN interface isn't fully compatible with this vehicle so showing some errors. However most of the info appears to be present so here's the autoscan; Friday,14,June,2019,23:30:05:24986 VCDS -- Windows Based VAG/VAS...
  4. Dukedesmo

Unsupported vehicle.Please upgrade to a current Ross-Tech interface.

Picked up a new Audi Q2 today for the Wife, whilst acquainting myself with the car this evening I ran an autoscan which completed and gave me information, however after every module/report I get an 'Unsupported vehicle.Please upgrade to a current Ross-Tech interface.' warning. Presumably this...
  5. Dukedesmo

Removing key from car - Golf mk6

My Son has a 2011 Golf mk6, 1.4tsi for which he has lost the ignition key. Fortunately he has a spare so OK for now and he needs to get best to get a replacement in case of further loss but in the meantime I would like to disable/remove that key from the immobilser. I know the physical key will...
  6. Dukedesmo

Sensitivity of auto lights, Audi S4

I have a 2014 Audi S4 Avant which is fitted with auto lights & wipers and so has a light/rain sensor in the front of the rear view mirror. Auto wipers works great and auto lights seem like a good idea but, as with much technology they're not perfect. I have already enabled the (previously...
  7. Dukedesmo

2011 Audi A7 3.0 TDI quattro

Was helping a friend today with his 2011 A8 3.0 TDI quattro, so here's a scan; Wednesday,09,May,2018,17:35:47:24986 VCDS -- Windows Based VAG/VAS Emulator Running on Windows 7 x86 VCDS Version: 18.2.0.3 Data version: 20180212 DS287.0 www.Ross-Tech.com VIN: WAUZZZ4G1BN0XXXXX License Plate...
  8. Dukedesmo

No ROD file found...

Did an autoscan of my Audi S4 today, no faults and AFAIK everything working OK but at the end of the scan I get a popup; "No ROD file found" with the description; " Unable to find a .ROD file for: EV_SoundAc 002005 (AU48) Please make sure you are using the latest version (including BETA)...
  9. Dukedesmo

2011 Golf 1.4 tsi, accelerator position sensor fault.

My Son has a 2011 Golf 1.4 tsi. He came home today complaining that the EPC light came on, it went out & stayed out after stopping/restarting but whilst the light was on he reported it was very 'sluggish' to react to the throttle and down on power. I did an autoscan which shows the above...
  10. Dukedesmo

2013 Audi A4 2.0 tdi DPF fault?

Had a friend around today, he has a 2013 A4 2.0tdi that had just been serviced and was not running well. He was going to take it back to the garage that did the service as it's clearly not right, but whilst he was here we had a look, did an autoscan etc. Basically it was running rough and had a...
  11. Dukedesmo

2013 Audi A4 2.0 tdi

Friend called round today with his 2013, A4 2.0 tdi which had a couple of warning lights and was running rough. Did an autoscan and found the problem (was serviced a few days ago and MAF sensor had been left unplugged!), reset DTCs and OK. So for reference here's a scan of the fixed vehicle...
  12. Dukedesmo

Audi S4; Misfire, Cylinder disabling

2014 Audi S4 Avant, driving normally then suddenly develops a misfire and loss of power, EPC light comes on. Fortunately just a few miles out so 'limped' home. Ran auto scan and got the following; Tuesday,14,November,2017,15:06:35:24986 VCDS -- Windows Based VAG/VAS Emulator Running on Windows...
  13. Dukedesmo

2016 Q3 2.0 tdi 177

Had a 2.0tdi Q3 sitting on my driveway today, here's an autoscan; Wednesday,31,May,2017,11:57:03:24986 VCDS -- Windows Based VAG/VAS Emulator Running on Windows 10 x64 VCDS Version: 17.1.3.0 (x64) Data version: 20170320 DS267.7 www.Ross-Tech.com VIN: WAUZZZ8U5HRXXXXXX License Plate...
  14. Dukedesmo

S4 folding mirror adjustment...

My S4 has folding mirrors, I have them set to fold when the vehicle is locked. I also have it set to close windows/sunroof (if open) when locked by holding lock button on key to do so. My problem is that the passenger side mirror folds in a little too far so that it touches the passenger door...
  15. Dukedesmo

Weak Battery on 2011 Golf @match' 1.4tsi

My Son has a 2011 Golf 'Match' 1.4tsi. A couple of times recently, after a few days of no use, the battery has gone flat. Happened today, there wasn't enough power to start so he got a constant clicking noise and lots of light flashing - suspect it needs a new battery. A couple of questions; I...