Recent content by Viking

1. Viking

Accesscode for changing glowtime - where do I find it?

Just try disconnecting the coolant temp sensor and see if it makes a difference to the glow plugs duration. It's possible that doing so might default to a worst case situation and make the glow plugs run at maximum duration.
  2. Viking

RNS long coding - what it is chenging exactly

But we need an autoscan to know how to answer your questions. Please...
  3. Viking

Audi a4 8w Ambient Light Retrofit

Unfortunately, the forum here is provided by Ross Tech for their customers and product support for VCDS. If you can't provide an autoscan then I'm not sure you'll get any assistance. If you're using a different tool then the manufacturer of that tool would be best placed to answer your questions.
  4. Viking

Did you miss this?
  5. Viking

To receive the help you are requesting, we need information from the car. See the following link to see how to save and post the required autoscan... How to post an Auto-Scan
  6. Viking

So with a glowplug connected outside of the block, how long does it glow for before it shuts off? I'd be more inclined to suspect a temperature sender fault reporting an incorrect temperature than a glowplug controller ignoring the correct reading. Not altogether certain how the glowplugs are...
  7. Viking

That doesn't mean they're working, just that the light is working. Connect one of the old (functional) glow plugs to the harness and see if it works.
  8. Viking

New user

Not on a mobile though...
  9. Viking

New user

But now from anywhere in the forum's there's no link straight back to the forum home. Now I'm taken to Ross Techs home not the forum...
  10. Viking

2015 Audi Q5 TDI Quattro - weird error codes

Any particular reason why not? It's free (for genuine customers) and doesn't take long at all. :thumbs:
  11. Viking

Retrofit RNS310 "cannot be reached"

Was it an RNS310 you fitted or an RNS315? But in any event I think you might have a duff unit.
  12. Viking

Retrofit RNS310 "cannot be reached"

Oi oi, you should update VCDS first, then run a fresh scan and post that please.
  13. Viking

Golf 2 Abs

Try again, but post the complete (unedited or cut) Autoscan please.
  14. Viking

Low Voltage Battery

Are you still using stolen software and hookey cable?
  15. Viking

Vehicle Diagnostic Protection SFD

Subscription payments might be interesting, like if your heated seat fails and you're paying for it to work, VW would possibly be obliged to repair it for you.