Recent content by MACH999

1. M

Adjusting sensitivity of automatic headlights

I attach a full scan. Please note, I know there is a reversing camera fault, but I am working this through with the supplier. Thursday,13,October,2022,15:18:26:06421 VCDS -- Windows Based VAG/VAS Emulator Running on Windows 10 x64 VCDS Version: 22.9.0.0 (x64) HEX-V2 CB: 0.4623.4 Data version...
  2. M

HighLine Reversing camera retrofit to 2017 Tiguan SEL

AHA! I discovered that IF I maximise the popup box after selecting long coding, additional options (which I had previously missed) now become visible, and the setting I was looking for seems to be under "Page 2". Unfortunately the track lines for the Highline camera are still not visible, so...
  3. M

I understand that the last step (unlike the first three) requires long coding. Having now looked at several Youtube videos, it seems that when the long coding helper is clicked, a number of entries SHOULD appear in the dropdown box. Maybe I need to wait longer for this, as there were no...
  4. M

Adjusting sensitivity of automatic headlights

Is is possible to tweak the automatic headlight dipping system so that it dips the headlights slightly more readily than the standard setting using VCDS? The local dealer tells me that there is no adjustment (unlike my previous Ford Focus which had 3 setting sensitivity levels)...
  5. M

What is Long Coding?

A basic question, and is there any guide about the subject? I understand I need to use 'Long-Coding' to code a reversing camera, so I need some guidance.
  6. M

I have installed an OEM kit for a highLine reversing camera into my 2017 Tiguan. The vendor provided detailed instructions, and several Tiguan Owners Forum members have installed the same kit successfully, albeit carrying out the coding with Carista or another product. The instructions are...
  7. M

Adjusting engage speed for Headlight Assist

That is a shame. :(
  8. M

Adjusting engage speed for Headlight Assist

My 2017 Tiguan SEL is fitted with Headlight Assist on the LED headlights which, in the absence of approaching cars, will select full beam as soon as the car's speed reaches 40MPH. Is there any way to adjust the settings so that full beam would engage on a clear road at (say) 30MPH instead...
  9. M

Resolved "No response from controller" - on VW Tiguan SEL

It looks like the VW system is a little 'quirky' in requiring the car to be in neutral - but Quirky I can work with, obstinately refusing to let me access the brakes would have been a problem. :) Interesting that VW have a different sales model in the USA, but my understanding is that the USA...
  10. M

Mystery solved! It would appear that the VW system is a little quirky and for some reason (at least in a manual transmission car) it is not possible to put the EPB into brake changing mode unless the car is in neutral! I did EXACTLY the same routine this mornning as yesterday - with the...
  11. M

OK, clutching at straws here, but I will try again tomorrow but with the car in neutral - just in case that makes a difference. Incidentally, the car is a manual, so does not have a park option. I am keeping my fingers crossed that either this resolves the issue or perhaps it will just behave...
  12. M

Problem changing rear brakes

I have followed the instructions for putting the EPB into service mode to change the rear disk and pads, which should have been straightforward - but not so in my case! First I ran a full scan of my car and cleared several fault codes relating to apparent intermittent issues with electric...
  13. M

Postscript: There was clearly some kind of electronic gremlin in the system! After leaving the car unattended for half an hour, the auto-hold on the EPB is working again, exactly as before i worked on it. I am assuming for the moment that I would still be unable to put the EPB into "Service"...
  14. M

HELP! I have followed the instructions in the link Uwe provided above, which should have been straightforward - but not so in my case! First I ran a full scan of my car and cleared several fault codes relating to apparent intermittent issues with electric windows and door locking - neither...
  15. M

The EPB configuration was found exactly where you said, so success! The position for the Navigation/camera configuration appears to be as it should - but the section contains many fewer entries than I have seen under the section for configuring a reversing camera in "Retrofits". I am...