Recent content by Blatherdicer

1. Blatherdicer

Service reminder won't hide after reset - help?

… but still the Golf GTE will not hide the reminder. Line by line admap comparison and its identical… I’m done.
  2. Blatherdicer

So... I did some more experimenting and research. I also found a VW Internal Training document. Some interesting stuff. The module does some internal checks, and as you said, Uwe it doesn't like it when non-standard values are used, either throwing a "Basic Settings missing" fault code or...
  3. Blatherdicer

Well I managed to get the Golf R working, bit not sure how. I set the max and min values to be outside the range set for SIA and FIX distances and then chose reset for ESI:resetting ESI. It then hid the warning message - all good. I then tried it on my wife’s car - a Golf GTE and couldn’t get...
  4. Blatherdicer

Ah, I see - good suggestion. So you mean set the max distance to 15,000 and the distance travelled to 10,000 for example?
  5. Blatherdicer

Working it through, I wonder if I have the SIA and FIX values reversed. Is the SIA “maximum” a hard limit for service, while the FIX inspection mileage needs to be sooner? If so, then I’ll try swapping SIA: Max dist to service with FIX: Max dist to service and see what happens. I’ll report...
  6. Blatherdicer

Hi - I'm wanting to reset the service reminder on my Mk7 Golf R so that it only shows me a warning when I get close to the reminder mileage (e.g. maybe 500Kms before). I'm sure it used to do this, but now when I reset it to the desired interval (5,000 km), it shows the "Oil Change in 5,000 Kms"...
  7. Blatherdicer

FEC/SWaP (Enabling APPCONNECT Apple/Android) in MIB unit possible to add codes with OBD11 and ODIS but not VCDS--- WHY?

... and sometimes doesn't work. I tried this a few years back and after paying for the activation code, it was rejected by ODIS at the dealer... money down the drain. The information on activating CarPlay is in the public domain now if you are technical, otherwise there are many independents...
  8. Blatherdicer

How to assign correct label file for MIB2 5F

Yes, I had it in the user directory. Turns out I managed to get it to work by copying the 3V0-0350MIB-HGH2.clb into the user directory and renaming it to 3G0-035-050-M.clb. I will try your suggestion to see if I can get the redirect to work properly as a longer term fix. Thanks for the quick...
  9. Blatherdicer

How to assign correct label file for MIB2 5F

Hi, I'm trying to activate developer mode on my Golf GTE MIB2 HI Harmon Infotainment unit so that I can clear out a number of Invalid Data Error faults (via the Green Engineering Menu). This is a JDM vehicle and the errors were introduced when the firmware was replaced with a local version. I...
  10. Blatherdicer

FEC/SWaP (Enabling APPCONNECT Apple/Android) in MIB unit possible to add codes with OBD11 and ODIS but not VCDS--- WHY?

Solved it! I was looking at the wrong part of the error message. Rather than the error being "Please enter 1 hexadecimal bytes" the error was actually "Please enter 1 hexadecimal bytes". The problem was not the length of the input, but rather that there was an invalid character in the hex...
  11. Blatherdicer

Thanks, yes, I have spoken to Uwe to get into the correct mode. I still hit a 1 byte limit though on the channel. is there also a security code required or some such? - I did try 20103 without success.
  12. Blatherdicer

I retested with the updated data version and the same issue occurs. I also noticed that if I enter just 00 as the New Value, I still get the error of "Your input appears to be a different length from the stored value. Are you sure you want to continue?", but it does accept it in that case.
  13. Blatherdicer

Hmmm… interesting. I redownloaded 22.3.1 and used the updater on the .de site and now VCDS is showing data version 20220530 DS337.1 rather than 20220407 DS337.0 as shown previously in the scan. Maybe that was it - I will retest later today.
  14. Blatherdicer

That's strange - I get a warning like "Please enter only one hex byte separated by spaces" when trying to enter the long SWaP code into the IDE4330 channel. The steps I'm taking are: 1. Open 5F, wait for session to start 2. < Make the necessary mode change > 3. Confirm that the IDE4330 channel...