Recent content by skunkworks

1. skunkworks

2017 Jetta se random questions. (mostly air bag)

Yes - you have it correct. (I filled the engine to the full line) So - Yay sam
  2. skunkworks

BTW - awesome name.. Schooling in electronics, Work in IT and hobby with machining/CNC/mechanical.
  3. skunkworks

Lol - sorry. I was able to sneak the headliner through the trunk. Installed and everything. I need to find a source for the interior clips. The only trim piece I need to install still is the kick piece on the rocker panel (goes from the front to the back) Been stealing the clips from...
  4. skunkworks

Have run a few tanks of gas through the car now - very happy. No errors returned and seems to be running good. 500 miles per tank seems pretty normal. So Yay! A joy to drive - the 1.4l turbo is surprisingly zippy. Heading south for a 4 hour drive to pick up a headliner. Then I should be...
  5. skunkworks

Reaction time for key fob long press.

It is quite different if you are the one that could be held liable when someone bricks their car.. Even if you win in a court of law - it was probably such a financial hit that it isn't worth it. sam
  6. skunkworks

Thank you Ross tech. The price was more than worth it. BTW - I had done some research and came across VCDS mentioned on forums (when I was working on getting parts for the car) I then go sucked into tuner videos.. Mostly CO motorsports out of Canada and saw him using it for adjusting some...
  7. skunkworks

Help just did radiator and fan isnt coming on do i need to code for the fan its not working?

When fixing my car (2017 jetta) the radiator fans didn't come on until after I got the air conditioning system recharged (and air on). I figured the car didn't get warm enough to warrent the fans on. Kinda looks like you have a boost leak too.
  8. skunkworks

Look mom - no air bag light!! (and any other error light)
  9. skunkworks

btw - I found out a decent sized cotter pin works great for releasing the curtain airbag clips. Painless. I never removed the ones in the car (cut the airbag out...) The ones that came with the airbag were pried out with a crowbar.. (so unusable)
  10. skunkworks

curtain airbags came in! Last airbag should be in tomorrow - and new tires are getting installed! Wednesday,18,May,2022,19:33:38:03790 VCDS Version: Release 22.3.1 (x64) Running on Windows 10 x64 www.Ross-Tech.com Address 15: Airbags Labels: 561-959-655.clb Control...
  11. skunkworks

all right - no the passenger airbag is not bad.. I just was confused as what it was talking about.. Plugged all the airbag stuff back in that I have installed and - poof only the 3 errors come back.. (both curtains and drivers head airbag..) So Yay! Thursday,12,May,2022,21:39:21:03790 VCDS...
  12. skunkworks

Huh - the passenger airbag didn't deploy.. But it says the resistance is too high.. Well damn.. Guess I need to buy that one too... (well - I could see if it is unplugged..) Have to figure out how to get to it. Put the original passenger crash sensor in the replacement door - that error...
  13. skunkworks

This car has been pretty painless to fix.. I think it likes me. (I guess I did save it from the crusher...)
  14. skunkworks

Buying a used hex-v2 cable

I resemble that remark...
  15. skunkworks

Ok - So I plugged my ear and reset the airbag module.. (still most stuff unplugged and missing) It looks like it cleared the 'stored' data... Does this mean - if I get the airbags (both curtains and drivers side steering wheel) that I may be good? (looks like I may have forgotten to plug in...