Recent content by Wrenchly

1. W

2000 TDI Jetta, just getting verified and wrapping my head around all this

Maybe the Ross-Tech software could include a placeholder to show that the VIN is missing due to this, and not edited out?
  2. W

Well that seems to settle that! All part of being very familiar with VCDS I would think
  3. W

I didn't do any editing to the saved log file, I had assumed the VIN was not there because the software had been updated to no longer include it. I see enough tutorial videos on how to use software, in which the current version is changed in various ways without the video itself having been...
  4. W

Ok, but how did you know I didn't have a 2001 or newer Mk4?
  5. W

Ok, well I think a list of superceded/replacement parts is pretty much what I was thinking of - being that would be what we would know for sure Wouldn't a 'suggested replacement' be a case where sometimes the later version isn't suitable? I'm assuming that these part numbers only concern logic...
  6. W

The suffix is like a version number? There should be a list of all known part numbers somewhere
  7. W

Ok, so the modules in each model year get unique part numbers? I would have expected something like that to only change between the generations How do you use the part number to find a year? I don't see anything in those that would indicate the number '2000', so the obvious is out
  8. W

Well there you go, first basic mistake! Had to go & look at the registration, but you got that right, it's a 2000. Might just write that on the dash where I can see it, for every time I stop in at the parts store. Funny thing is there's this tag in the binder that has the owners manual, says in...
  9. W

I'm still getting the initial setup finalized, but here goes with doing things backwards! A full auto-scan: Sunday,05,December,2021,13:37:30:18691 VCDS -- Windows Based VAG/VAS Emulator Running on Windows 10 x64 VCDS Version: 21.9.0.2 HEX-V2 CB: 0.4555.4 Data version: 20210903 DS330.0...
  10. W

Trying to figure out what to buy, but not 100% sure of the feature list descriptions

Sounds good, I'm just bouncing around from a few other projects, so it's really easy to lose track of a thread here! I appreciate your advice, just got to let it all sink in some more!
  11. W

Trying to figure out what to buy, but not 100% sure of the feature list descriptions

I'm sure I would've thought of such an obvious solution, once I actually tried to post that log file...
  12. W

Yup, pretty certain of that. I could just say that there's a dash indicator with the key in car icon, but even better than that is when I tried fixing my broken key fob by JB Welding a keychain end to the flippy piece that has the key grooves. The car would start, run for exactly one second and...
  13. W

No reason other than it's very cold & dark out at the moment. Though at least the laptop, a small bathroom heater and the Hex-V2 are all still sitting out in the car. I'll do all that tomorrow Does registering the cable have anything to do with getting my account verified? I have a auto scan...
  14. W

ps - got a couple DTC's my low-buck OBD scanner didn't know about. Been wondering why the brakes get weird every now & then. Says my left front wheel speed sensor isn't working right. That right there might just be the thing that paid for this!