Recent content by gtvbrendan

1. G

2002 Eurovan, G85 Steering Angle Sensor NOT OK @ calibration (basic setting)

Would there be a different way to 'test' the ABS module?
  2. G

I see 06639 in the soft coding cell. It eventually goes back to 00000 after basic setting fails and I leave the ABS Brakes Control Module
  3. G

Could this be a sign the ABS module is bad as well? I never had any other fault codes besides the steering angle sensor and the car drives Ok but I haven’t tried a panic stop!
  4. G

The older computer also results with the same ‘Not OK’. Jetta97- Soft coding and WSC fields do show 06639 and 12345 after coding, but I’m not sure what you mean by ‘extra’. They only show once, not duplicated. I have also tried repeat coding like the VW tech bulletin suggests and the cells...
  5. G

Yes, laptops have been using internal batteries... could it help to plug in? I was until recently using a dinosaur/old laptop and then switched to the laptop I use daily for work (Lenovo ThinkPad) that seems like it should be capable.
  6. G

After replacing a faulty steering angle sensor (old one was dead at 0.0 deg no matter of actual wheel position), I'm unable to successfully calibrate the replacement unit. I'm always starting with recoding the ABS, but every time I find the Alignment Status as 'Not OK' instead of OK under Basic...