Recent content by kamold

1. K

B7 Passat Alltrack V6 - Can Bus Defective-Long Coding

Did you check the fuse with a multimeter (not visual inspection) recently? The current faults all point to that circuit...
  2. K

Have you checked fuse SC15 since you replaced the faulty RVC module? RVC, TPMS and climatronics all pull power from SC15
  3. K

Checked your autoscan you have KESSY...mine is non-KESSY So you need any 3AA Kessy CCM with the correct frequency radio (so anything from Eu or Aus.) You can get one cheap enough online then you'll need to transfer your immo data over. For that you'll just need to read the eeprom out and use a...
  4. K

If you're in Sydney or nearby happy to have a look at it. Gateways very very rarely fail. I have a spare CCM can test it after transferring immo data from your original.
  5. K

B6 Passat Steering Column Lock ELV failure

Good advice as always. I troubleshoot for a living (not cars) and should take my own advice - step back, start with the basics and only then move forward. haha
  6. K

Yes so I definitely went down the rabbit hole on that given the experience I had last time with the ELV (it had an internal checksum fault.) So I went back to my friend's place last night with a new ELV. Before I started pulling out the steering column I thought I'd take another autoscan and at...
  7. K

Yes the ignition switch (funky one in the Passat is the 3 stage hole where the fob goes in) can fail. I don't believe this is the case here but it's certainly worth investigating further. MVB 1-1 (engine start permitted) shows 'No'. So either the ECU, CCM or ELV don't agree to allow engine...
  8. K

Hi All, I have an issue with my friend's 2010 R36 that I'd be interested in any input to try and solve. At Christmas last year he had his battery replaced. Once the new battery was in he got an immo fault and the car would not start. He had it towed to a workshop but they were too busy to...
  9. K

7n0907441b calibration - RVC High with MIB PQ Navigation.

The quality of the OEM highline camera by modern standards is actually pretty poor. You can buy an aftermarket camera with proper CAN-controlled dynamic guidelines very cheaply and image quality is superior. Only advantage of the OEM is that it can be properly calibrated to adjust the image.
  10. K

It is very difficult (not impossible, I have managed once) to complete the calibration with the original camera.
  11. K

Use ODIS to calibrate, and you also need to replace the camera module itself with the 8V0827566 version, not just the highline control module with 7N0 version.
  12. K

2013 Beetle AWD swap ABS coding

What brakes have you got on it? Assuming R brakes this is a VERY rough guess at a possible coding string that MIGHT work... 163BE00D092680FB681407ED90200181250000
  13. K

B7 EPB fault

Solved. The 2 extra wires for B7 compared to B6 EPB switch where they connect to the EPB 30 pin connector I just had to remove and reseat them into the connector. Must have been too much tension on one of them and it wasn't making a proper contact with the EPB male pin. Now to reassemble half...
  14. K

B7 EPB fault

Thanks, both good ideas. Have checked both. No change :( I'm going to have to start replacing the terminals in the harness. Although continuity is Ok with probes, perhaps the pins are not meeting up well with one of the terminals.
  15. K

B7 EPB fault

Hi All, Scratching my head a little with this one now and open to any suggestions. My B7 EPB/ABS/Console switch have been working fine for years since I completed my ACC retrofit. A few weeks back was away for the weekend and it was cooler overnight than at home (not cold by any stretch of the...