Recent content by whawker

1. W

Determining a Part Number from VCDS listing

Thank you all! I have one remanufacturer with the 1K0 907 379 AH and the 1K0 614517 BG on the shelf. The second remanufacturer is the one who wants visual confirmation, he wasn't clear but I believe the pump. @JMR, your idea of a small mirror on a stick is brilliant, thank you! I don't know...
  2. W

Hi stefdds, thank you for the reply. I've since found from one of your youtubes, the HW part number is indeed the hardware part number, SW is the software level or version installed within the hardware part. However, I'd still like an answer to the general question, where does VCDS obtain...
  3. W

Hi, I've had an ABS system failure on my 2010 Jetta TDI, have run the scan, received codes 16352, 01276, and 01130. I've determined quickly this is a repair shop issue, beyond me. The replacement part from VW is wayyyy too expensive, and I've found several aftermarket companies that stock...
  4. W

Need Advice on Emissions Problem!

Hi Dana, thanks for the reply! I called VW of America (2nd time) and they again confirmed I'm covered - they said I was good to 126,000 miles and 10 years, 6 months from date of original service, which was Nov. 6, 2010, so calendar warranty is til May 6,2021. The mileage is going to exceed in...
  5. W

My goodness. I had no idea there were security clearances involved with TDI's and Ross-Tech. My goodness.
  6. W

Continuing story. So after I picked the car up from the dealer, VCDS showed no engine codes whatever, and the dealer said they found a "loose or improperly attached hose" at the airbox, which they said caused the P2002 and P0401 codes. They felt the problem was solved. I did a 400 mile short...
  7. W

As I mentioned, I'm in the process of acquiring a current Ross-Tech interface cable, my older 2005 Key-USB will not communicate with the 2010 Sportwagen except for the Engine measuring block. I should have the new interface cable, as well as the car back from the dealer, tomorrow. Will run an...
  8. W

My bad, I said measuring block 109, I actually looked at block 108, typing error, sorry!
  9. W

I've recently purchased a 2010 Sportwagen TDI, 118,800 on the odo at the time. It has run absolutely fine from a driver's point of view, but on the return leg of a round trip from Philadelphia to Austin, TX, a week and a half ago, the engine check light came. My ancient Ross-Tech KEY-USB (with...
  10. W

Trouble using Key-USB on 2010 Sportwagen?

Don - Lol, I obviously didn't communicate clearly, I actually *did* do that drop-down and select AJ, thanks for at least confirming I had the right idea! Uwe - Thanks, I'll look into the upgrade!
  11. W

Trouble using Key-USB on 2010 Sportwagen?

Hi, I've had a KEY-USB dongle since 2005, used many times on my old '03 ALH Jetta. Just bought a 2010 Jetta Sportwagen, can't seem to get AutoScan to work at all, it hangs while waiting to connect. I can get in to ENGINE measuring block directly but nothing else, ENGINE seems to be working...
Back