Recent content by Fugazi

1. F

Can VCDS reset a door control module?

Thanks again, Don. I will look for another used one. Hopefully from a LHD vehicle. Im disappointed that the previous one was listed as being from LHD vehicle but was in-fact RHD. Strange that the seller, based out of the US, would have a RHD module.
  2. F

I did not test it out much, just briefly I tried switching to RHD to see what would happen. I only tested the window switches briefly, but ticking the module to RHD caused the passenger window to go down when i pressed the driver side button and and driver side window to go down when i pressed...
  3. F

Here is a photo of the control unit in question. I don't see any Z0X extension. When I put in the door control module, one of the settings i changed while copying my long code over was change from Right hand Steering to left hand steering. AlNils, what exactly does this mean? Can VCDS...
  4. F

Thank you for your replies. Mastertommy: I followed this method as you described it, by creating a backup of my original door module, and coding the new one exactly. The long coding was the exact same. I then turned on the required coding for the folding mirrors as per the instructions that...
  5. F

Hello! Vehicle:2018 Golf Sportwagen Comfortline (canada) w/ Lighting Package and Drivers assistance I'm thinking about purchasing a Hex-V2 cable to help me re program (42)drivers door control module 5Q0959593B. Currently i use long coding in OBD11 to do any modifications My car came with the...