Recent content by darkmatter

1. D

VW New Beetle (2004) Cabriolet Air Bag warning light.

My VW New Beetle (2004) Cabriolet has an airbag warning problem. My main question is, do the fault codes below indicate a problem only with the crash sensors or could the problem be elsewhere in the air bag circuit? 2 Faults Found: 01738 - Crash Sensor for Front Airbag; Drivers Side (G283)...
  2. D

Audi Q3 MY2012 control module channel maps

Some Q3 owners have enabled the lap counter display under 17-Instruments 10 Adaptions, so I thought that I'd try it but this channel is not available on my 2012 model year Audi Q3 2.0 TDi. I don't know whether it will be of any help to you folks at Ross-Tech but I decided to create a channel...
  3. D

Selling my VCDS

I was think of selling my Micro-CAN USB interface so that I can upgrade to a HEX-USB+CAN interface but I see on your FAQ that whoever buys my old interface will not be able to register with you for product support and upgrades unless they pay a fee of $99 dollars. That sounds a bit harsh to me...
  4. D

Audi Q3 fault code 1048578 - No Basic Setting

Repeated scans of my UK 2012 Audi Q3 2.0 TDi shows the following fault. I've tried clearing the fault code but it always immediately reappears. Does anyone know how to resolve this, or can tell me which aspect of 'Instruments' the fault code 1048578 refers to. Thanks, Andrew. Address 17...