Recent content by carboncow

1. carboncow

2011 JSW and stupid TPMS question with VCDS

I'm not sure why VW makes this so hard on us. My 2008 Toareg told me what the pressure was on each tire. Now I got the dummy light on for 2011 Jetta Sportwagen and I pulled out my trusty VCDS to only find out it will not tell me which wheel is offending. Also the error code message stated...
  2. carboncow

Centr. Electr. II faults. What's this stuff mean!

2011 JSW SE 2.5L While chasing some HVAC gremlins (AC intermittent, solenoid fix installed, then it didn't work for a month...now it works even when switched off!). Did a scan an finally got the scan off the laptop. Mentions one fault in circuit intermittent and another about the module...
  3. carboncow

Central Electric II, CM Incorrectly Coded

2011 Vw Jetta SW SE (Gas) So was going to trouble shoot some AC stuff today and noted this in my scan. It's the ONLY code showing up in the scan and I got no clue what it's cranky about. Don't recall playing with codes on this ride. What is the best course of action to take? Do I need to know...
  4. carboncow

2008 Touareg: TPMS turn off?

So it's winter...it's cold and the sensors don't like to talk to the transmitter or whatever and my OCD wants the yellow tire off. I see when I hook it up under the LONG CODE HELPER there is an option to turn off the TPMS. What this does is gives me the option in the MIS to now have an option...
  5. carboncow

VCDS-eMail from saved files issue...

I've been having issues getting the data stored in the hex-net to email to myself. I'm just kind of reporting this as a bug as I have other work arounds to get the scan into forum posts beyond emailing to myself... 1. When I get to the email screen from the ipad email client there is no data...
  6. carboncow

Is this a concern? Address 28: Failed to respond

While doing a scan under INSTALLED modules I get message during the scan stating: Address 28: Failed to respond This is the rear HVAC which I do have on my 2008 Touareg T2 with the 2+2 HVAC system. I noted that under address 8 I can preform all the tests (fan motors and servos) for the rear...
  7. carboncow

what is: No or Incorrect Basic Setting / Adaptation

I have this for what I believe is a failed HVAC servo we'll be addressing this weekend...saw a similar message when another failed. When I search "No or Incorrect Basic Setting / Adaptation" on the website I see it can apply to any group. What does this wording actually tell us? Is it a missing...
  8. carboncow

Anyone access Touareg HVAC servos on pan from under dash with luck?

Seems the concensus is that Vw says to pull dash to access servos that fail all to often. One writer on Club-T says the design makes one think the engineers designed the flat pans (the servos sit on) to slide down and out after putting in SF (service mode). Wondering if anyone on this site has...
  9. carboncow

01826 Sensor For Steering Angle (G85) Supply Voltage Terminal 30 (Touareg2)

Newbie here but been around the Volvo world with Vida Dice for some time...so not a total idiot. Although this short/long code (Hex-a-what?) has my head spinning still. A few weeks back I had a no start situations that had the car stuck in a Home Depot parking lot for a day (no VCDS yet) and...
  10. carboncow

Dongle Registration

I got notification today from Linda that I'm registered for Tech Support. Does have anything todo with getting verified so I can post on the forums or is that yet to come? Thanks! Shawn
  11. carboncow

Think I'm sold on hex-net but last questions on 10 vehicle limit...

I've got 5 (vw) vehicles in the extended family and always willing to help friends wrench on their rides so wondering if hypothetically in a few years I max out the 10 users there...am I reading correctly there is an upgrade path to the pro version? If so this limitation must be managed in the...
  12. carboncow

HEX NET: Explain 10 VIN to me...

Hello, Just picked up a 2008 Touareg and the VIN search tool suggested the HEX NET unit as an option. I'm a bit confused on how the 10 VIN function works. Does this simply mean that only 10 vehicles data history is held in memory or the 11th VW it will not work on thus rending the unit in ops...
  13. carboncow

Tell me about usability!?!?

I come from the world of some pretty good diagnostic systems and I know Ross-Tech is very well respected but I'm confused on many levels! I'm familiar with Durametric (Porsche) which is very intuitive 3rd party solution. I also am VERY familiar with Vida Dice (Volvo) which is a hacked OEM...
  14. carboncow

newbie: 2005 Touareg...what's for me?

It seems 2005 is on the edge of two different systems, no? Will I get more use out of the HEX-USB+CAN for future cars and no VIN limits to help friends? Those with the VIN limits. Do those VINs (and thus history) just need cleared out of the unit to allow for more room or does each VIN take up...