Recent content by jphughan

1. J

2021 Arteon -- strange adaptation behavior on 5F (Infotainment)

Thanks Uwe, I'll ask him to try that. But since I'm not a seasoned VCDS user, out of curiosity what part of the auto-scan segment you quoted is strange? Just the missing workshop code or something else?
  2. J

2021 Arteon -- strange adaptation behavior on 5F (Infotainment)

I just tried working on a friend's 2021 Arteon to implement some coding and adaptation changes. For a few ECUs, the Long Coding Helper said it didn't recognize it, which I thought might happen for a new vehicle. But I was able to apply adaptations to various modules as expected, until I got to...
  3. J

2021 Arteon SEL Premium (NAR)

Here's the auto-scan: Thursday,07,January,2021,23:11:26:00871 VCDS -- Windows Based VAG/VAS Emulator Running on Windows 10 x64 VCDS Version: 20.12.0.1 (x64) HEX-NET2 CB: 0.4529.4 Data version: 20201125 DS322.1 www.Ross-Tech.com VIN: WVWTR7AN2ME002198 License Plate: Chassis Type: AN-VW48...
  4. J

Bad URL on VCDS Cloud Main Menu

Thanks for the reply Shaun. On my iPhone X running iOS 13.4, tapping the HEX-NET in the VCDS-Mobile app actually switches me over to Safari rather than running an in-app instance of it, so I see this behavior both when starting from the app and when starting within Safari. However, I just tested...
  5. J

VCDS Cloud Feature Request: Adaptations search box

Having just started experimenting with VCDS Cloud, the one feature I immediately missed was the Search box to narrow down the Adaptations list, as is available in VCDS desktop. Even if the design of the VCDS Cloud webpage doesn't allow for as-you-type filtering of the dropdown list, it would be...
  6. J

What does the HEX-NET password actually protect?

One quick follow-up: What is the "Remote Control" feature? There's no explanation on the VCDS-Mobile page. Is that for Ross-Tech employees to access the HEX-NET during a support case or something?
  7. J

Bad URL on VCDS Cloud Main Menu

I tried the Cloud Functions function of VCDS-Mobile for the first time today. The HEX-NET successfully connected to VCDS Cloud and I saw the menu to perform function such as Adaptation, Coding, etc. However, when I clicked "Go Back", my browser took me to an incorrect URL page. I suspect the...
  8. J

Thanks for the reply, Uwe. Fair enough on keeping honest people honest without blocking more determined attackers (or pranksters). I work in IT, so I'm more inclined than average to look at things from a cybersecurity angle. I would still suggest that an option to have the HEX-NET require its...
  9. J

2019 Mk7.5 Golf R (NAR)

Here it is: Wednesday,11,September,2019,13:33:50:06899 VCDS -- Windows Based VAG/VAS Emulator Running on Windows 10 x64 VCDS Version: 19.6.1.0 (x64) HEX-V2 CB: 0.4508.4 Data version: 20190529 DS308.0 www.Ross-Tech.com VIN: WVWVA7AU3KW224506 License Plate: JOHNH Mileage: 869km-539mi...
  10. J

I see the recommendation in the HEX-NET FAQ to change the VCDS-Mobile password, but I don't really see what that adds in terms of security. Even after changing the password to a non-default value, I can still use the HEX-NET from VCDS (desktop) without knowing its password, even if I connect to...
  11. J

How to configure Power-Save mode on Hex-Net?

Understood, and will do. I admit that part of the reason for asking was my technical curiosity as I work in IT and enjoy tinkering with car electronics as well. :) Still, I figured these answers might be helpful to others at some point too. Thanks!
  12. J

Thanks Shaun. Can you confirm what happens when both Vign and Vbat are enabled, though? Do both voltages have to be below their respective thresholds for Power Save mode to be triggered, or can it be triggered even if only one voltage is below its threshold value?
  13. J

How long should ASAM updates take?

Thanks Shaun. I actually tried that first but VCIConfig indicated that I was up to date, so I figured ASAM updates might only be possible with VCDS-Mobile. But having just tried VCIConfig again, this time I saw a "Rod update needed" message and the Download Update button became available. So...
  14. J

I realize I'm resurrecting an old thread here, but it was the closest one that seemed to fit my question and it seemed preferable to creating a new mostly redundant thread. I'm trying to understand the interplay of the threshold settings based on their wording, and I'd like to make sure I'm...
  15. J

How long should ASAM updates take?

I just used VCDS-Mobile to perform an auto-scan of one vehicle, my 2019 Mk7.5 Golf R (NAR). The HEX-NET said ASAM files were missing, and when I tried to have it update, it seemed to get stuck on verifying the update. After 2 minutes while connected to my vehicle I cancelled the update to...