Recent content by Ramp Rat

1. Ramp Rat

A/C pressure readings?

OK, got a couple more dumb questions. After doing several test runs and checking actual pressures and comparing them to what the VCDS reads, it looks like the Refrigerant Control Valve is working when it wants to. I’m guessing that the Refrigerant Control Valve is the same as what the Bentley...
  2. Ramp Rat

A/C pressure readings?

Thanks dieseldub, that explanation makes everything fall into place. I seem to remember when reading thru my service manual that some of the A/C components can be replaced without draining the system. Is this true with the control valve? I do have a nice RobinAir vacuum pump just in case. :p...
  3. Ramp Rat

A/C pressure readings?

Interesting! Let me see if I have this right? I understand that while the engine is running the A/C compressor is also running all the time. Because these compressors don’t have a compressor clutch that cycles on and off as the low pressure side drops there is a control valve that controls the...
  4. Ramp Rat

A/C pressure readings?

Yes, to a point. It’s the high and low system readings that mean something. In a system that is close to the correct amount of refrigerant. The low pressures may drop to 30psi and the high side could be as much as 230 psi or even more. But, a system that is low on refrigerant the low side will...
  5. Ramp Rat

A/C pressure readings?

What should be the actual (meaning using old school manifold pressure testing) readings be for a 2006 Jetta TDI BRM? When testing with the VCDS it is showing about 186 psi (translated of course). But, I’m old school and like to see the actual readings using a physical testing with a manifold...
  6. Ramp Rat

2006 Jetta Seat Memory?

I’ve got a 2006 Jetta TDI BRM. I can’t get the driver’s seat memory to work. I’ve run the VCDS test on the buttons. When I press the no. 1 switch it shows activation. No. 2, No. 3 etc. Even the Memory switch shows activation. But, I can’t get the memory to set to the current seat location. Any...
  7. Ramp Rat

2006 TDI BRM Hesitation

I have a 2006 Jetta TDI BRM with a DSG transmission. (I posted my original Scan https://forums.ross-tech.com/showthread.php?20482-My-First-Post-My-Auto-Scan ). My wife was driving the car today and said that she experienced 2 hesitations when starting to move from a stop. Both times it was right...
  8. Ramp Rat

Issue with VW MPG.

I have a 2006 VW Jetta 1.9 BRM TDI. I’m having an issue with the on board computer displaying a different MPG than what a “real world” check shows. Meaning, after a 300 mile trip the display shows an average of 50 mpg but, using the odometer reading and gallons used to refill the tank, I get an...
  9. Ramp Rat

Aux Heater Issue

During the Auto Scan on my ’06 Jetta TDI BRM one of the issues is the Aux Heater is labeled defective by the OEM computer. But, with the VCDS I can make the Aux Heater work. Or, at least the VCDS says it’s working. I’ve attached a screen shot. (I think. First try at this)...
  10. Ramp Rat

My First Post . . . My Auto Scan.

Chassis Type: 1K (1K0) Scan: 01 02 03 08 09 0F 15 16 17 19 1C 25 36 42 44 46 52 56 62 72 7D VIN: 3VWDT81K86M742091 Mileage: 309870km-192544miles 00-Steering Angle Sensor -- Status: OK 0000 01-Engine -- Status: OK 0000 02-Auto Trans -- Status: OK 0000 03-ABS Brakes -- Status: OK 0000 08-Auto...