Ramp Rat's latest activity

• Ramp Rat
    Ramp Rat replied to the thread A/C pressure readings?.
    OK, got a couple more dumb questions. After doing several test runs and checking actual pressures and comparing them to what the VCDS...
  • Ramp Rat
    Thanks dieseldub, that explanation makes everything fall into place. I seem to remember when reading thru my service manual that some of...
  • Ramp Rat
    Ramp Rat reacted to dieseldub's post in the thread A/C pressure readings? with Like Like.
    The compressor internals are spinning full time, yes, but it's not "on" all the time. The pressures will still act a lot like a...
  • Ramp Rat
    Interesting! Let me see if I have this right? I understand that while the engine is running the A/C compressor is also running all the...
  • Ramp Rat
    Ramp Rat reacted to dieseldub's post in the thread A/C pressure readings? with Like Like.
    That's where this gets tricky too is these are a variable displacement compressor, and the part that likes to fail on them is the...
  • Ramp Rat
    Yes, to a point. It’s the high and low system readings that mean something. In a system that is close to the correct amount of...
  • Ramp Rat
    What should be the actual (meaning using old school manifold pressure testing) readings be for a 2006 Jetta TDI BRM? When testing with...