Recent content by NZDubNurd

1. NZDubNurd

2009 Caddy, Trying to replace instrument cluster with Touran clocks

Those clocks will be too old for your Caddy. Clocks ending in numbers up to 3 are Immo4A, 4 are 4C. 2009, your Caddy should have 4C. Pay to post an autoscan anyway, but if you're trying to upgrade them from the really basic ones, you really want to try for ones with a matching end number, and...
  2. NZDubNurd

... it was funny to me....

I'll happily swap that fruitcake and take a chance on whoever fills the gap ;)
  3. NZDubNurd

In NZ, it's perfectly legal to distill your own alkihole at home for your personal consumption ;) No problems with law men! Well only 2 air rifles; for the rats, hares and occasional nuisance bird... Oh, and the boys like to print out zombie pictures and draw targets on them :D... Probably...
  4. NZDubNurd

I got three boys. 2 of them have rats tails :thumbs: (in NZ, its just a bit in the middle, at the back) I own my own alcohol still and make my own bacon.... What should I identify as? :D
  5. NZDubNurd

Golf Mk V 2.0 FSI not starting

Does the engine speed register when cranking; the tacho should move up, or check the measuring block for engine speed sensor G28. Clearing the codes resets the fuel trims, so it may have caused the better running. Did you check the breather hoses while you did the manifold? they crack often, as...
  6. NZDubNurd

Markets / Economy

Since that little nugget is of no use what-so-ever, ever... I'll remember it FOREVER :D Hopefully it comes up at quiz night eventually :thumbs:
  7. NZDubNurd

Awd Retro Fit

You'll need a wiring diagram for the chassis your ABS came from - the loop varies based on the physical car options, and the coding options. A one hour ErWin subscription (and save all the PDF's you can) is probably the best place, if you don't have access to ElsaWin.
  8. NZDubNurd

Awd Retro Fit

Have you fitted a 4motion ABS module, but not rewired the loop in to plug to match the coding? I can't recall the exact details, but there is a wiring loop I changed when I retrofitted 4motion to my Touran with MK60 ABS, and coded the module for the correct brake size. You may still have the...
  9. NZDubNurd

Forum Software Migration

Uwe; you can rest easy knowing that when I read your name, I pronounce it in my head: "OoVay", but with a Kiwi accent :thumbs: Or maybe it is *I* who can rest easy... knowing I've avoided receiving a "Tonya Harding" :D
  10. NZDubNurd

Forum Software Migration

I think you guys (especially Santos it seems ;)) have done an AMAZING job of this. You've avoided the whole Microsoft Paradigm... where they change stuff seemingly just to create a job for themselves and to piss off all their users! Honestly, I think this is the fastest major forum upgrade...
  11. NZDubNurd

Can you disable the "press clutch to start" funtion, 2014 A4

Do you have to push the clutch to start MK5 platform cars in the USA? Euro ones certainly don't... though I did think about trying to enable it in my Touran... Because my Wifes Touran is auto and when you're inside, it feels like the same car other than the transmission and 100 extra horse powders.
  12. NZDubNurd

Forum Software Migration

You forgot how to spell "migration" in the thread title. Does that count??? :D
  13. NZDubNurd

Throcking it ...

Sometimes, you get so pissed off with something, you have to "go postal" on it's arse, if nothing else, to feel better! I have recovered from this a little, but it really got my goat! It was FAR more succesful than the time I got miffed with something in the garage and hit a bit of wood with a...
  14. NZDubNurd

OT: MK5 cluster hex addresses

Off Topic - not VCDS related at all, but I know some of you guys are as weird as meeeee! so I've posted this in general repair :D: Uwe: feel free to move, REmove etc, if you see fit :cool: Does anybody have the hex address map for the EEPROM binary (.bin) file from a MK5 instrument cluster of...
  15. NZDubNurd

MK60 ABS blockage?

Do'h! I think I broke R32ran... During some "spirited" driving, the ESP and traction control was activated. I parked for a while and then ever since, the right rear brake hasn't been working! I've run the Basic Settings group 1 and bled the ABS under pressure through the 2 front brakes, then...