Recent content by Dunwood

1. D

17705 - Pressure Drop between Turbo and Throttle Valve

With the WG hose to N75 valve still blocked off @ the N75, I started the car up at the office, waiting approx 1 minute until the SAI pump turned off. Shut the car off and the scan result is below (drove 3 miles afterwards, much better). Thursday,04,February,2021,12:45:37:23523 VCDS --...
  2. D

17705 - Pressure Drop between Turbo and Throttle Valve

2001 MK4 1.8T: Recent (within last 100 miles) Low RPM mis-fires (bucking), similar to previous solved problem by replacing the N249 valve (Pierburg). Runs poor when first start up. Runs better after warmup but still not right. My PVC system is tight with recent inspection, and replaced parts...
  3. D

Starter engagement woes: new, rebuilt, service or DIY hack?

2001 1.8T MK4 Symptons: slight squeel upon startup engagement. It was worse before I pulled the starter and performed some simple cleaning and greasing of the planetary gears and Bendix (plunger). Further, I suspect the starter might be getting a bit tired since my crank strength/crank rpm...
  4. D

'01 Jetta 1.8T 00562 Sensor for Oil Level/Temperature

00562 - Sensor for Oil Level/Temperature (G266) 29-10 - Short to Ground - Intermittent Putting vehicle back together after serious dose of repair by Sir Jack: an immobilized ECU and fixed mess of a cluster. Before I connect the battery, I'm attempting to check/correct 00562. ECU...
  5. D

Relatively new user: ZERO results from scan from 2004 Passat

I'm a relatively new user, you can find another of my threads under repairs for a different vehicle. I attempted to TWICE "autoscan" a potential new vehicle (2004 Passat pre-purchase). After scanning (and seeing very little activity of moving data during the scan), VCDS ended after #75 or #77...
  6. D

01M automatic transmission

I dont own one. Just curious to hear from the pros. Are they that badly engineered? Or with regular preventative maintenance they have worked well. Perhaps a regular solinoid pack replacement should have been in the cards. Or by the time you got your hands on them, they were already abused? I...
  7. D

01 MK4 Jetta 1.8T Immobilizer (first time poster....)

2001 MK4 Jetta 1.8T. Manual trans. California vehicle, not a rust bucket. 125K miles. Immobilizer initiated. Vehicle condition: extensive service and upkeep, 4K miles ago. New windshield 4 weeks ago. Car wash today (2nd or 3rd wash). This was abrupt, never had these symptoms. 1/2 hour after...