Recent content by jyoung8607

1. jyoung8607

General Corona Virus Discussion

No other way to explain... except the explanation (delta and perhaps other variants) that you rejected for reasons. Perhaps you could elaborate as to what you meant by this. "Suppressing symptoms" is doing a lot of work in that sentence. Not being as severely ill, not requiring emergency...
  2. jyoung8607

Take any position or combination of positions which can be tested and verified.
  3. jyoung8607

They are among the best available subject matter experts. Here is a summary of our discussion so far: Uwe: One of six immune system mechanisms shows lower response after 2-6 months. Jason: This larger study shows the vaccine is highly effective when that mechanism is essentially zero...
  4. jyoung8607

The correlation-isn't-causation retort pretty much writes itself, but let's go further. If "Big Medicine" isn't recommending extra Vitamin D, here are the possible explanations: They are incompetent They are evil They don't think it'll make a significant difference Take a stand and state...
  5. jyoung8607

If I have questions about how my engine works, and I have the opportunity to ask the EA888 engine designers in Germany or the software engineers at Bosch or Continental about it, I'm going to ask the experts who designed it and made it instead of my minimum wage lube tech. If I have questions...
  6. jyoung8607

In layman's terms, I'd define it as the period where it's likely to prevent significant and/or prolonged illness for myself, and also protect those around me by reducing spread. I won't give a more sophisticated definition because I'm not qualified to do so. Much like I defer to you on matters...
  7. jyoung8607

Part one! Benefits Pfizer might accrue for lying about the efficacy in their paper: A relatively nice Q1/Q2 FY2021 Conditions required to establish and maintain such a lie: For some reason not even imaginable... want to NOT sell booster shots Worldwide airtight conspiracy of doctors...
  8. jyoung8607

The mainstream media is quick to report on statements from people who are good at this stuff. I think you are poorly served by your choice of news sources. It's dangerous to pick random numbers off a page based only on how hard they reinforce your preconceptions. A *much* larger study that...
  9. jyoung8607

2018 R8 RWS Front/Rear Sidemarker Deactivation

I have no advice on this matter, but wanted to say welcome and that I love your username / garage name. :thumbs:
  10. jyoung8607

7170 - Function Restricted due to Missing Message(s) 2021 Jetta R-line

+1 to instrument cluster (address 17) and also to your infotainment (address 5F, and I think that's more likely). "BAP" is a reference to the protocol it talks for its user interface, to display information and show/set configuration items. I don't believe there's such a thing as a telematics...
  11. jyoung8607

'murican Pickup Trucks

All that crap you gave @Bruce about betraying the family... ;) You towing something these days? You don't seem like the RV type, you seem like the "establish a domicile everywhere I like to visit" type.
  12. jyoung8607

PQ Lane Assist suddenly works for 50 seconds

For PQ, the EPS will accept Heading Control Assist commands for up to six uninterrupted minutes. The driver torque input check is at the camera.
  13. jyoung8607

Front Heater for Lane-Holding Assist

Carefully pop the plastic covers off around that area, then carefully pivot the camera down at the back (electrical connector side) out of the clips that hold it in, and you'll be looking at it. If in doubt, there's a bunch of folks that have done Lane Assist camera retrofits, here's one...
  14. jyoung8607

PQ Lane Assist suddenly works for 50 seconds

I doubt you did anything. The Lane Assist driver input torque timeout is static, but it's also easy to false-reset (briefly exceed the input threshold) from normal road disturbances, bumps or puddles and the like. If you want the car to steer itself for any real length of time, you want openpilot.
  15. jyoung8607

Front Heater for Lane-Holding Assist

It's not part of the camera itself, it's serviceable. If you're looking at the camera from outside the car, it's the triangular ramp/staircase looking thing just under the camera lens. You can take it out and swap it pretty easily, just one electrical connector. For an open/short to plus fault...