Recent content by stylers

1. S

Help 4523 - Fan Control Module 1 - Supply Voltage Malfunction

As others have said, you would start by checking the supply to the fan module.. they normally have a permanent supply (2 heavy wires red/red black positive and brown earth). put a good load (headlamp bulb) across it and measure the voltage. However.. this is a mk6 polo ? so.. not sure exactly...
  2. S

VW Caddy CAYD engine light on. 3 million people have looked at this vehicle.

Silly other garages.. On the CAY* engines the MAP sensor and IAT sensor are the one sensor and share a common earth on pin 1 of the sensor (brown wire). So that would explain both faults appearing together (and air temp value being minimum / MAP signal maximum going by the freeze frame). Run a...
  3. S

EGR Valve Fault

If there were an open circuit on the EGR valve motor/solenoid you should get a separate code for this. This EGR valve motor/solenoid has two wires back to the ECU. the position sensor voltage also goes back to the ECU and should have a voltage of somewhere between 0.5 - 0.7 volts with the valve...
  4. S

Audi A3 (8P) Aircon issue

Hi Folks, sorry that I'm only updating this now.. So to finish off, after getting another look at the car and some rooting through the engine ECU measuring blocks, I discovered that some of the measuring blocks for the DPF system didn't look quite right and were actually frozen, despite all the...
  5. S

Hello, no worries.. On this HVAC controller, we couldn't run any output tests on it.. I can't remember exactly what VCDS threw up - possibly "conditions not met" or something - but I was thinking the same that there would be the possibility to test the cooling fans and compressor valve...
  6. S

Hello, Can't answer you on the exit air temperature as the system never really gets to run for long enough to find out.. you'd be afraid that if you didn't stop it something would burst.. The reason the pressure starts to climb so much is because firstly the cooling fans don't run - therefore...
  7. S

Hello All, just wondering if anyone has seen an issue like this before.. we have a 2008 Audi A3 (8P) which came in initially for non working Aircon issue. The system needed recharging so it was purged, leak tested (and appeared to be leak free) and recharged. This car has the manual temp...
  8. S

Old VW lupo airbag module issues ?

Howdy Folks, looking at an old 2002 VW Lupo with an airbag module issue. The original module was water damaged and showing 65535 and other hardware fault codes, so a second hand module with same part no. 1C0 909 601 but different index no. (02 vs. original 04) was sourced. With this module...