Recent content by o33err

1. O

Can VCDS perform a dataset dump from an ECU address

Each time parameterization is performed via ODIS online, a temporary file is created in the following directory " C:\Program Files (x86)\Offboard_Diagnostic_Information_System_Service\configuration\org.eclipse.osgi\bundles\ xxx \data\ dms2\ " (the directory xxx may vary). These files contain...
  2. O

Even the Car Scanner app has a Dataset Dump option only for a few specific ECUs and addresses.
  3. O

I have done what I needed to do using the method above. Just wondered why this feature wasn't available on VCDS.
  4. O

Car Scanner https://www.carscanner.info/ has a "Dataset dump" feature under its "Coding & Service" MQB section. You get a small list of ECU addresses e.g. 5F and a defined list of dataset addresses e.g. 0x03B00. When you click that, the screen is prefilled with the ECU access key and the length...
  5. O

I wouldn't want VCDS to try and compete with VCP. My question was how come VCDS cannot perform a simple ECU dataset read/write. A feature that a simple generic dongle and software can perform. VCDS is so much more powerful. Hence my genuine question, can it read and write the dataset from a...
  6. O

I recently used a generic ELM327 dongle and a simple mobile app that allowed me to read/write and dump the dataset from an address in an ECU on an Audi B9 car. Is VCDS able to perform a similar function? If not, why not? I realise that VCP could always do this and I'm not suggesting that...
  7. O

B9 A5 : Security Access code needed for 08 HVAC

I have seen that some modules will reveal more values if a SA code is supplied. So I have gotten into the habit of always supplying a code when I take a backup of the adaptation maps.
  8. O

B9 A5 : Security Access code needed for 08 HVAC

Tried 20103 as the Security code for the 08 HVAC module. With the hood closed I got controller refused to send a seed, error 37. With the hood closed I got Error 34, Invalid Key. Can anyone give me a security code for the module. Saturday,13,March,2021,15:01:25:60553 VCDS -- Windows Based...
  9. O

Efficiency Drive Select mode not visible and a code I cannot get rid of

My car doesn't display an Efficiency Drive Select mode. I've seen it enabled on previous generation cars. Does any one know what coding changes enable it on my car? Also there is one fault code that I can never get rid of. What is it and what do I need to do to get rid of it...
  10. O

Any way to find out which TPMS sensor is playing up?

The TPMS has been playing up on the car. But looking at the fault log, is there any way of seeing which one of the 4 sensors is misbehaving? Thursday,24,September,2020,20:59:41:60553 VCDS -- Windows Based VAG/VAS Emulator Running on Windows 10 x64 VCDS Version: 20.4.2.0 (x64) HEX-V2 CB...
  11. O

A5 2018 (F5 B9) - Any way to change the HU audio crossover settings

Anyone know of any coding or adaptations that allow the HU audio crossover frequencies to be changed. I manually measured the subwoofer output and it appears to be crossed over at 100Hz. There are some adaptations also available in Module 5F which relate to some frequency settings. What do...
  12. O

Audi 2018 A5, 5F Basic Settings - no additional options

I been trying to perform a Reset to Factory settings, Basic Setting on the 5F Module of a 2018 A5. However I've seen some screen shots that show a further box at the bottom of that screen called "Routine Control Option System Settings". But I dont get that box with the options. How come? Other...
  13. O

Audi A5 B9 - Suppress Subwoofer short or open error

I have put an after market amp in between my MMI head unit and the subwoofer and now the MMI is complaining that the subwoofer is short/missing. What is strange is that the MMI is still outputting a subwoofer signal and everything is working fine. No errors on the dash too. But AutoScan picks it up.
  14. O

Retrofit B9 S5 Massage seats into an A5 Coupe

Anyone able to post the Adaptation map of Module 5F of any B9 car that came with massage seats from the factory. I've got everything working but can't seem to get the MMI menu to pop up that changes the various massage functions.
  15. O

A5 F5 2018 : Turn Sound off with ignition

Does any one know of any coding changes that will allow the Radio or Sound to turn off with the ignition. Currently when we stop the car the radio still continues. Ofcourse we still need the Radio to keep going during a Stop-Start cycle.
Back