Recent content by SwissJetPilot

1. SwissJetPilot

Audi TT Mk2 (8J) - Roadster Roof Flap Adaptation message - "Refused by Control Module"

Just a follow up on the 10 mm gap between the wind-shield and the roof flap...per the TSB (61 13 22 2015779/7 September 26, 2013) which you can find here -
  2. SwissJetPilot

Audi TT Mk2 (8J) - Roadster Roof Flap Adaptation message - "Refused by Control Module"

Here's the auto-scan. As noted, there are a lot of low/under voltage faults, so the battery is suspect. The owner has also gone through and checked the ground points, paying particular attention to the two below the air filter as these often get corroded. But so far nothing has improved. So...
  3. SwissJetPilot

Seems this was due to the user trying to run this test without the engine running so he ended up draining his battery. I advised him to try it again with the engine running and everything worked out okay. Good point on the 10mm gap. However if the copper contacts of the potentiometer are...
  4. SwissJetPilot

@ EuroX - When you say "...set the gap correctly to 10MM they will work for some time." What gap are you referring to?
  5. SwissJetPilot

@ Uwe - Auto-Scan forthcoming... @ EuroX - Not a waste of time at all. This has worked on Mk2 Roadsters going back to my 2007 and think even a 2013 owner was able to do this repair too. In some cases, intermittent operation has been resolved doing this without an Adaptation when no faults from...
  6. SwissJetPilot

2008 Audi TT Roadster 3.2L Quatro - DTC P0491 P2197 P2181 etc Auto-Scan and the OBD-II modes 1 thru 9

For the 3.2 VR6 BUB engine, if you have a vacuum leak originating from the back of the valve cover, on the back of the "hump" behind the oil cap, you may hear a tea kettle whistle from the little hole back there. If that's the case your PCV diaphragm has failed as is leaking. Unfortunately...
  7. SwissJetPilot

2008 Audi TT Roadster 3.2L Quatro - DTC P0491 P2197 P2181 etc Auto-Scan and the OBD-II modes 1 thru 9

For your convertible top Roof Flap Servos (RFS) Fault under Address 26 (03247 - Sensor for Canopy Flap; Right (G597) I would recommend you follow this link to our forum and then use the VCDS to perform the roof flap Adaptation. Audi will encourage you to replace one or both of the RFS which may...
  8. SwissJetPilot

2008 Audi TT 3.2 Roadster Fun

If you need Audi TT specific assistance that can't be resolved here, stop by the Forum and say hello. https://www.ttforum.co.uk/forums/tt-forum-mk2-tt-8j.19/
  9. SwissJetPilot

One of our Audi TT Forum members has been experiencing problems with his convertible top operation. I recommended that he purchase a VCDS (which he did) as the Roof Flap Servos (RFS) are generally responsible for 95% of convertible top failures. Sure enough, he came back with this and two other...
  10. SwissJetPilot

2007 Audi TT (8J) - Coding Hill Assist Possible...?

Seems the ability to incorporate the HHA has to do with the Booster and ABS Pump. We're still trying to sort out which combinations work with the TT but I think we're getting close. Unfortunately, my 2007 is too early a model to support it.
  11. SwissJetPilot

Found it under Address -03 ABS Brakes Adaptation options - :)
  12. SwissJetPilot

Thanks Uwe. :) If I understand this feature correctly, at a full stop, and with quick tap of the brakes, the Hill Assist engages the ABS to put pressure on the brakes. When the ABS sees an increase in RPM (as would be the case when the driver starts to pull away) it releases the pressure and...
  13. SwissJetPilot

2007 Audi TT (8J) Tourist Solution for Xenon Headlights - Is there a work-around?

Thanks Uwe! Well, there's only one way to find out for sure and that's to give it a try and see what happens. I will report back with my findings...
  14. SwissJetPilot

Is there a possibility of coding the Hill Assist feature in my 2007 or was that even an option for the early Mk2's? If available, would the coding be under 02-Auto Trans or 03-ABS Brakes? I'm guessing this is a drop down somewhere under an Adaptation option...?? Note- The title should be (8J)...