Recent content by Mike@Gendan

1. Mike@Gendan

3G

Not really hearing more, but we've had 2 or 3 come up in the last year or 2. In the cases I remember the RHD mounting location seemed to cause the problem.
  2. Mike@Gendan

3G

Tight port surrounds do seem to be a right-hand-drive issue on some models. It's worth keeping a short extension cable in your toolbox.
  3. Mike@Gendan

Anyone figured out how to run vcds on a raspberry pi is it even possible ?

Are you running a cabled VCDS interface or wireless? If cabled, as both the interface and the computer are presumably powered from the same source, be careful you don't get a ground loop (or your interface will go pop)
  4. Mike@Gendan

2020 Skoda Octavia 2.0 tdi technology compatibility

Make sure it's someone with a (genuine) HEX-V2 or HEX-NET then, as 2019-on models aren't supported by the previous generation interfaces (HEX+CAN, Micro-CAN etc.)
  5. Mike@Gendan

A Sad Day

A very sad day. As a Brit (at least I assume that's the reason), I only ever understood about 60% of what Jack posted, but what I did manage to grasp was usually insightful or entertaining. The forums (and his family & friends) have lost a big character :(
  6. Mike@Gendan

Verified not quite verified!

Cloud registration is for using a HEX-NET with VCDS-Mobile in infrastructure mode, where a lot of the advanced functions go though the VCDS-Cloud server. It's not related to the forums. You need to see this: https://forums.ross-tech.com/index.php?threads/2601/
  7. Mike@Gendan

HEX-NET or HEX-V2 Firmware Update Failed?

If you power down the interface, then plug it into USB only (not the car), what colour are the LEDs?
  8. Mike@Gendan

Interface ERROR, Update ERROR

11.11 means it works with the November 2011 version of VCDS, and is blocked from all newer releases as it's a clone. You're not a customer though. You've bought a cheap copy that rips off Ross-Tech's intellectual property, and have the gall to ask the company you've ripped off for help with...
  9. Mike@Gendan

Interface ERROR, Update ERROR

If the interface is labelled with a specific VCDS version number, it's 100% definitely a clone. Ross-Tech never put software version numbers on the interface labels as genuine interfaces always work on the latest software version.
  10. Mike@Gendan

Fault codes no longer correctly decoded after updating HexNet

Thanks @Dana - conversation continued by email...
  11. Mike@Gendan

Upgrading a hex-v2 device

Yes, for a company to claim the VAT back we need to provide them with an invoice itemising the VAT separately. As a large proportion of our customers are end users though (who cannot claim VAT back), we choose to display our prices including VAT (i.e. £169 inc. VAT is actually £140.83 + £28.17...
  12. Mike@Gendan

Upgrading a hex-v2 device

Just to clarify the rationale behind the pricing: - Yes, we have to charge VAT, currently at 20%. VAT registered businesses can claim that back. Consumers have to pay it and there's nothing we can do about that. - At the moment the exchange rate is indeed around 1.4 USD to the Pound, but...
  13. Mike@Gendan

Vcds mobile security access

My understanding (I'm sure @Uwe will correct me if I'm wrong), is that the codes aren't published by VAG in the name of "security" (aka dealer revenue), as the dealership tool can get them online automatically from a VAG database. They are largely discovered for 3rd party tools by trial & error.
  14. Mike@Gendan

Shiny New Forum Software!

A query on the search function: Is there a way to search for an exact phrase? I was searching for crash data earlier and seemed to get any thread that contained crash or data. I tried the usual search engine operators ("crash data", +crash +data) and looked in the Advanced Search options, but...
  15. Mike@Gendan

General Corona Virus Discussion

Not in Wales they haven't - not yet...