Recent content by Fredrick Awuor

1. F

Mk5 GTI lost abs coding (MK60EC1)

Hi guys,below is an autoscan of a 2009 GTI that had its ABS/ESP control replaced with an updated one elsewhere, owner claims the old one lost and refused to communicate.....unfortunately I forgot to check Advanced ID of cluster,Immo and ECU,however I think they've not been tampered with.....any...
  2. F

HVAC problem

Hello guys....ECU logs a sympathy code for AC,while going directly to HVAC,no fault code found,can this be a bug in the ECU?.....client claims AC high pressure sender was replaced sometimes back in another workshop when it refused to work.....at the moment AC works just fine .. fault frequency...
  3. F

ABS woes after engine,ecu and tranny swap

Hello guys,this formely 1.4 GT has chewed pistons like khat ,that has necessitated engine ''rebuilds almost yearly for the past four years,which has been expensive and inconvenient to client...,so we took a drastic step of swapping 2.0l 147kw BWA engine complete with ecu,harnesses and shafts,so...
  4. F

Hex V2 dead

Hello....my interface refused to light up after scanning golf mk6......I tried it alone on a Tiguan,a golf mk4 and an mk5....even plugging it into my laptop,it doesn't light up..... what do I do.....can it be repaired?
  5. F

Golf 6 1.4 tsi strange code after fixing G188

Hello guys,after finally fixing G188 issues on this car after it had been through many garages in Nairobi,....before i could celebrate during a test drive:banghead:....EPC blinked on trying to press accelerator hard to overtake....light went off,reappeared again when i tried to drive...
  6. F

Username Edit

Any idea on how to edit RT forum username most welcome, I'm unable to find where that option exists
  7. F

YET another LOST ABS MK60EC1 coding,and the list may be growing

HELLO great team and rosstech forum members,yet another typical MK60EC1 lost coding,but client has replaced ABS control with a similar part number unit[old one was refusing to talk] ,and he came with the previous coding[not sure if it was the right one,133B400D112200FEC81302E988200080B100]...
  8. F

Shop name

Hello everyone, anyone knows how to edit/change shop name in Hex V2 installation, tried several times to no avail....I think I'm missing a procedure somewhere any insight is greatly appreciated
  9. F

7SPEED DSG FAULT

hello anyone,my client has shipped this mechatronic for repairs in the UK[ecutesting.com] before car hopped into my place,it had, ;P177C - 003 - Tolerance Limit Reached - Intermittent Freeze Frame: Fault Status: 00100011 Fault Priority: 0...
  10. F

VW TOUAREG MARKET MODEL

Hello everyone,I really appreciate the help I have gotten here ever since I purchased my treasured HEX V2 PRO....now i have a Touareg here with thousands of DTCs and before I embark on any repair intervention,Id like to download WD and relevant repair info on erWin but not sure of the market...
  11. F

LOST ABS MK60EC1 coding

hello,can anyone help with this abs coding,the new owner does not have a previous repair history apart from the engine ECU being taken out of car and swapped with another one to see if some unexplained faults could go away,I have tried some codes in another thread on mk60 here but not successful...
  12. F

N290 mystery on golf mk5

Hello,can anyone shed more light on where the N290 is fitted on this Golf5,it is nowhere in the workshop manual,SSP334 about fuel on FSi engines,what im getting in the FINE BOOKS are N276 mounted HPFP,G410 on low pressure fuel rail,G247 on high pressure fuel rail and even SSP322 on AXW which is...
  13. F

Audi A3 8P stubborn "service due" warning

Hello everyone,below is an autoscan of an audi serviced by a friend a week ago but service warning not reset,he passed at my place and i performed SRI yesterday,but immediately the service now popped up after cycling the ignition,we went for a test drive,came back,switched car off,then on after...
  14. F

VW touran MFD menu

Hello,does anyone have a tip or trick of enabling MFD menu on this touran somewhere in the convenience or instruments ,settings like time,winter;language,units auto door lock etc do not appear however much i press the ok,up,bottom buttons on wiper stalk! even though the MFD is high line,red in...
  15. F

Golf mk6 GTI transmission overtemperature and engine over revving in sports mode

Hello guys,below is an enclosed autoscan of an mk6 gti whose dash screams about overheating tranny frequently,but no fault code is logged in ecu memory,I think this might be a common issue with 02E,but someone can chime in,however the engine revolutions at times go past 6000rpm before shifting...