Recent content by atikovi

1. A

HVAC control unit in dash not showing any lights or displays

Got one from the junk yard. Works fine now.
  2. A

Nothing obvious internally. Would this one work? Has the DUAL button which mine doesn't.
  3. A

Ok I'll check that under load. And which pin is ground? I assume it would also be the only other large one next to #20 but there is no mention of pin #19 although it IS a ground. I'll check under load too. And #17 is sensor ground and #14 in T16g is potentiometer ground. Check those too? $35 at...
  4. A

But they work fine. 2005 Jetta MK5. Fan speed and temp change as I turn the knob but none of the lights in the knobs or buttons work and neither do the two small display screens. This just started recently. This is the connector diagram: There is 12V on the T20 connector pin 20. Are there...
  5. A

Climate control display inop in 2005 Jetta MK5

I only noticed it after replacing the headliner, but don't think that would be related.
  6. A

My mistake was checking Homelink during the day. At night I could see the red LED much better so that's fine. Do have Elsawin and the fuses for the Climatronic are good. Will have to check at the connector for power next.
  7. A

The A/C and blower work fine but there is no temperature display for both sides and none of LEDs in the buttons or dials work. Which fuse feeds the display in the control unit? Also noticed the Homelink doesn't work either when I press a button.
  8. A

Why are these engine codes still showing after they are cleared and the engine not run?

Yes, clear all DTCs. All the other codes were cleared from the other modules. Will try that, thanks.
  9. A

Why are these engine codes still showing after they are cleared and the engine not run?

2005 New Jetta showing misfire and air intake leak codes. I clear the codes and they still show on the rescan even though the engine hasn't even been started. Initial scan: Wednesday,21,July,2021,12:53:33:53717 VCDS -- Windows Based VAG/VAS Emulator Running on Windows 10 x64 VCDS Version...
  10. A

Which measuring block to monitor VNT actuator position, 2006 Jetta TDI?

Want to verify that the G500 position sensor is putting out a signal. Turbo rebuilder said one of the pins seemed lose.
  11. A

2006 Jetta TDI, rebuilt turbo runs bad, P0299.

I had the turbo rebuilt by a reputable turbo rebuilder, installed it, and the car runs like crap. No power until 2200 rpm, black smoke, rapping noise, acidic smell from under the hood like the converter is overheating. It ran better BEFORE the rebuild. If I remove the hose from the VNT...
  12. A

2006 Jetta TDI with P0101 MAF sensor Implausible Signal

New to me car with 322,000 miles. Runs great with plenty of power when you step on it. In normal driving you feel a surge of power around 1800 rpm as if the turbo just kicked in. Below that rpm it’s ok most of the time but occasionally it will bog down and put out black smoke if press the...
  13. A

15 Jetta, can new or used remote/key be programmed to car with push button start?

If not with VAGCOM, can a dealer program a used one? New key is $106 vs. $15-$25 for used plus $5 for a keyblade.
  14. A

2015 Jetta Hybrid just replaced Mechatronic and ready to start up.

I posted here about removing the Mechatronic at: https://forums.ross-tech.com/showthread.php?14123-Where-is-the-7-spd-DSG-section-in-VCDS and at: https://forums.ross-tech.com/showthread.php?14062-How-to-de-energise-the-high-voltage-system-in-a-Hybrid-Jetta I ordered a new Mech and it took 5...