2015 Audi S3 DSG Transmission Problem P2711 - Any Input Appreciated!

lordjop

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=306886
Jack you think so, huh? If that were the case wouldn't there be a little bit of oil in the driveway? Or maybe a low transmission oil warning light? It's ridiculous that you can't really measure the DSG oil like you can the motor oil.

Do you think any of the electrical malfunctions might point towards the mechatronic unit itself? I think either UWE or yourself posted a link to a TSB which mentioned a "tool" to test the unit itself. Not sure if anyone has heard or seen one?

I did an online search for some of the DTC's that came up and there were ALOT of threads on ALOT of different forums talking about DSG failures with the same codes as mine on Golf R 's manufactured in 2015. I pulled a 2015 Golf R VIN from the internet and ran it on the NHTSA website and found no recalls or TSB's at this time.

If i could confirm the mechatronic unit was the problem i'd buy a new one and be done with it all.

I'll keep you posted. Any thoughts, ideas, theories are welcomed !

Jack@European_Parts

Gone But Not Forgotten
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57337
You have shorts for oil temp and you don't always get to see the oil when it weeps in small quantities.

I'd put a mech in it and change the oil after I verified the power supplies and all grounds + for every current track are good!

I have had some great luck with playing with 0D9 & 0AM stuff not here with modifying the oils and pump flow valves.

lordjop

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=306886
Looks like that email to the CEO worked out in my favor. Shortly afterwards I was contacted by an ULTRA professional executive customer service rep who heard me out and promised to help. That was last week. Today I got a call from the dealership (where I finally towed the car) and they said AOA is going to replace the transmission. I wanted to make sure they replace the transmission, mechatronic, clutch packs and the Haldex so I'll keep you posted.

Funny enough there is a Haldex "failure thread" on a popular Audi forum. interesting to see how the MK VII Audi's / VW's hold up.

Also interesting to see how the dealership just wants to REPLACE rather than attempt to REPAIR the problem. Are they taking advantage of AOA'S generosity ? Or do the technicians have a TRUE understanding of what makes these cars tick...... ??

Thanks for all the support. I'll keep you all posted !

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
Also interesting to see how the dealership just wants to REPLACE rather than attempt to REPAIR the problem. Are they taking advantage of AOA'S generosity ?
I suspect they're simply doing as they were told by Audi, who is footing the bill...

-Uwe-

Danners74

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=273244
I would say mechatronics all day on these. Doing the basic settings on road test is not part of the service...(UNFORTUNATELY)

GRRRRRR dealers.
Kind regards Danners

Back