WTF Emissions DELETES! The smelly Garbage can dumped on Motorsports! WTF

Jack@European_Parts

Gone But Not Forgotten
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57337
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Whistleblower_protection_in_the_United_States

A whistleblower is a person who exposes any kind of information or activity that is deemed illegal, unethical, or not correct within an organization that is either private or public. The Whistleblower Protection Act was made into federal law in the United States in 1989. It was made to protect federal whistleblowers who work for the government and report agency misconduct.
Whistleblower protection laws and regulations guarantee freedom of speech for workers and contractors in certain situations. Whistleblowers have the right to file complaints that they believe are reasonable evidences of a violation of a law, rule or regulation; gross mismanagement; gross waste of funds; an abuse of authority; or a substantial and specific danger to public health or safety.

vreihen

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=31688
So, what does this have to do with the price of hot dogs in Monte Carlo????? :p

Flaps10

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=219700
http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fro....TRC0.A0.H0.Xvw+dpf.TRS0&_nkw=vw+dpf&_sacat=0

Stick it in your ass tuners that delete DPF pipes + programming just got the rug pulled out from ya.

Not sure what you mean here. I follow the link and all the reasonable cost DPF related items are delete pipes. Seems like business is alive and well.

Now, if you told me there were DPFs I could buy for $5-600 I would do it. But 2@$1600/ea. = "oh hell no" territory if I can avoid it.

They are a pain in the ass. Hauling them out every 6 months to clean them with oven cleaner results in the exact same amount of carbon on the ground as if it were running a straight pipe.

Maybe another 10 years of technical advances will bring us a diesel you don't have to pour horse pee into, use oil that reduces longevity of the engine, and deal with build up of black lung goo in the entire intake system which is produced by the EGR valves.

For now it's bullshit technology used to make people feel like you're doing something.

Ever follow a late model Duramax or any of those diesel pickups? I do it on a motorcycle. Smells like horse whiz and diesel exhaust. Brilliant.

/vent

jyoung8607

FoRT
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=25607
Hauling them out every 6 months to clean them with oven cleaner results in the exact same amount of carbon on the ground as if it were running a straight pipe.
A small pile of carbon on the ground ready to be interred somewhere sensible is much better than atomized particulates in the air and your lungs.

Maybe another 10 years of technical advances will bring us a diesel you don't have to pour horse pee into, use oil that reduces longevity of the engine, and deal with build up of black lung goo in the entire intake system which is produced by the EGR valves.
I'm surprised we haven't seen more series-hybrid/range-extender designs. Think like an even smaller-battery e-Golf (or Nissan Leaf, etc) with a small genset aboard. I bet engineers could make a lot of efficiency and emissions magic happen with a smaller engine, no mechanical transmission, total ECM control of power output, total control of warm-up and cool-down cycles, no need for fast throttle response, or a flat power band, or idling for any length of time. It'd be a lot easier to keep such an engine out of the coal-rolling operating range.

Jason

Jack@European_Parts

Gone But Not Forgotten
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57337
Personally I'd like to see an engine just generate electricity. Delete the driveshafts and transmissions + differentials. Just control 4 individual motors that operate each wheel, while precisely controlling speeds.

Then the engine is always In one efficient speed ar the most desirable emissions output with a huge flywheel to establish the torque for follow through inertia.

There all done.

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
Personally I'd like to see an engine just generate electricity. Delete the driveshafts and transmissions + differentials. Just control 4 individual motors that operate each wheel, while precisely controlling speeds.

Then the engine is always In one efficient speed ar the most desirable emissions output with a huge flywheel to establish the torque for follow through inertia.
That would be called a Series Hybrid. However, I'd rather use batteries than a "huge flywheel", if for no other reason than I don't want the "interesting" effects on handling that the gyroscopic effects of a "huge flywheel". I also think that batteries will probably be safer in an accident.

Flaps10

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=219700
radialmotorcycle.jpg

What is this gyroscopic effect you refer to?

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
Where the direction of the axis of the spinning flywheel does not want to change and forces applied that attempt to change it end up translated into a different direction.

Flaps10

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=219700
it's that damn right hand rule.

Jack@European_Parts

Gone But Not Forgotten
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57337
Not sure what you mean here. I follow the link and all the reasonable cost DPF related items are delete pipes. Seems like business is alive and well.

Now, if you told me there were DPFs I could buy for $5-600 I would do it. But 2@$1600/ea. = "oh hell no" territory if I can avoid it.

They are a pain in the ass. Hauling them out every 6 months to clean them with oven cleaner results in the exact same amount of carbon on the ground as if it were running a straight pipe.

For now it's bullshit technology used to make people feel like you're doing something.

Ever follow a late model Duramax or any of those diesel pickups? I do it on a motorcycle. Smells like horse whiz and diesel exhaust. Brilliant.

/vent

I think you missed the point of the post..........

Many DPF units at the dealer "genuine" have gone from in the $4K USD price range to $249 USD range.........

I can only suspect that this is being done to deny expensive claims for the parts as they come in going forward.......... & this is no different than when VAG did it for MAF sensors or prior coil pack campaigns.

From a parts supplier that carries CATS and DPF parts ......it makes me glad I didn't add a huge amount of DPF's to inventory.

Anyone need a MAF 06A-906-461A ?

I have genuine cheap...........

Last edited:
Reactions: Uwe

Flaps10

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=219700
As in don't cut off your right hand on the spinning buzz saw????? :confused:

A very shocking number of phenomenon in physics follows the right hand rule. The relationship between magnetism and current flow in a wire:
63079-004-F04BAA10.gif

And gyroscopic forces:
0144.GIF

For some geek humor, I used to love looking around the room during a physics test and seeing some guy doing a visualization with his left hand since he didn't want to set his pencil down. I guess you had to be there.:cool:

PetrolDave

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=1423

Jack@European_Parts

Gone But Not Forgotten
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57337
It always does.........:thumbs:
Usually when the diabetic guy gets the box he emails me saying ......."You sent me a candy bar....... I'm a diabetic! I ate it anyway!"

Just like Art does when "Special Darks" are in the cupboard or winter HC.

Jack@European_Parts

Gone But Not Forgotten
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57337
I (vreihen) just hacked Jack's computer. :) All that I can say is that he has no repeat diabetic customers, due to sugar shock death..... :D

Back