B8 A4 led tail lamp euro coding

Tonymk6

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=225534
I have a 2012 Audi b8 A4 with the led tail lights i know davidb8 was able to code it so that the turn signals are separate from the brake lamps. Anyone know how to code it to be amber instead of red and not blink with the brake light.

rlarsen

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=78998
It's no secret how the LEDs are Coded - David just kept it for himself.

Which model do you have - Sedan or Avant ??

About the amber instead of red - well - that will be a problem - unless you want to change both tail lights to the Euro model, because the LEDs are red on the US model.

And I will suggest that this thread is moved into the Tweaks forum, so that it's only valid VCDS users who can see the coding.

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
If the tail lights are stock, then indeed, this belongs in tweaks, not retrofits. If Tony has changed out the tails, then it belongs here in retrofits.

Both forum sections have equal restrictions; one must be a verified user to post in those sections, but they can be read by anyone.

-Uwe-

Tonymk6

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=225534
It's no secret how the LEDs are Coded - David just kept it for himself.

Which model do you have - Sedan or Avant ??

About the amber instead of red - well - that will be a problem - unless you want to change both tail lights to the Euro model, because the LEDs are red on the US model.

And I will suggest that this thread is moved into the Tweaks forum, so that it's only valid VCDS users who can see the coding.

Ok i have the Sedan. And yeah he was charging people to get it coded to work. I figured you need to change the tail lamps but i did it on a mkv jetta i coded it to have amber turn signals instead of red for the hella oem leds. I'm fine for now to just have the brake light separate from the turn signal if that is possible.

Tonymk6

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=225534
Yes ill move this thread to tweaks because they are oem tail lamps.

Tonymk6

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=225534
I have a 2012 B8 A4 with oem led tail lamps that came with the car i want to code them to work separate from the brake lamps. If you guys can help me out with the coding that would be great.

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
Starting a new thread is not the same as moving a thread. I've merged them. ;)

-Uwe-

rlarsen

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=78998
Ok i have the Sedan. And yeah he was charging people to get it coded to work. I figured you need to change the tail lamps but i did it on a mkv jetta i coded it to have amber turn signals instead of red for the hella oem leds. I'm fine for now to just have the brake light separate from the turn signal if that is possible.

I think a MY2012 is not the Facelift in US right ?? - in the rest of the world the MY2012 is the first Facelift year.

But if I'm right then you should be able to use the Coding below - use the RoW one (the left side):

Login code to unit 46 is: 16017

Please check that your current coding is the same as the right side of the table - otherwise I (or we) need to calculate the new coding for you.

34f1aa9.png

Tonymk6

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=225534
Yeah it isn't a facelift. Where do i go to check if my coding matches? In the U.S.A 2013 was the facelift year.

rlarsen

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=78998
Yeah it isn't a facelift. Where do i go to check if my coding matches? In the U.S.A 2013 was the facelift year.
Code:
[46 - Comfort System]
[Security Access - 16] -> Enter login-code: 16017
[Adaptation - 10]
Channel 195 to 208

Reactions: Uwe

Tonymk6

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=225534
Okay thanks i will check out the coding later on and let you know if it matches. :thumbs:

Tonymk6

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=225534
Hey guy's thanks a lot for your help the coding was correct and now it works properly.

A4_Alan

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=220175
Does anybody know what the coding is for the non-LED tail lights? or if it's even possible on our north american spec cars? Much appreciated

rlarsen

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=78998
Does anybody know what the coding is for the non-LED tail lights? or if it's even possible on our north american spec cars? Much appreciated

Which coding do you want ?? NA model with the RoW coding - or the NA coding as it is OEM ??

rlarsen

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=78998
If you take the codings from the RoW section below - Channel 197 and 198 - you should have the RoW's way of using the signal lights.

1z4ad8m.jpg

Last edited:

dan0412

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=127497
If you take the codings from the RoW section below - Channel 197 and 198 - you should have the RoW's way of using the signal lights.

Hello, are there similar codes that can be used on a 2010 A6 Avant? I am looking to code mine tail lights so the turn signals are separate from the brake lights.

Thanks

Dan

rlarsen

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=78998
Hello, are there similar codes that can be used on a 2010 A6 Avant? I am looking to code mine tail lights so the turn signals are separate from the brake lights.

Thanks

Dan
I don't know if it can be done on your model - the face lift model of 4F (C6) - I've seen codings for the current model the 4G (C7) - and they look similar to the A4/A5/Q5 (B8).

But if you post your current channel values we can see if it is possible or not.

A4_Alan

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=220175

1z4ad8m.jpg

I tried to access channel 197 and 198 last time and the fields had "NA" in them, couldn't make the changes because the fields were not editable. Going to give it another shot and if it works out, I'll finally be happy with the tail light behavior!

Back