The queen is dead, Long Live the king

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
Yep, she's been Queen for longer than most of us have been alive.

Somehow I doubt that Charles will be as popular.

-Uwe-

gammyleg

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=497735
Certainly not a royalist but sad none-the-less. She was a constant throughout my life and as far as I know never screwed up like most politicians have during that time.
A meeting with both Boris & Liz on the same day would be enough to send anyone to an early grave

Quintus Rotam

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=490177

The queen is dead, LongLife the king​

longlife-charles-III.jpg

VAG, always ahead of the curve.

Guitarman

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=56603
It is a sad day but I'll be very happy to get to 96 and still have all my marbles!

We have had six Georgian eras and two Elizabethan eras, What now, Charlian? Doesn't have the same ring somehow..

Mike R

Ross-Tech Employee
Staff member
Administrator
VCDS Distributor
Ross-Tech Employee
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=126524
I wonder how long Charles will live for, or even reign for. Definitely not for 70 years that's for sure. Can't imagine more than 20 in the most optimistic outlook. Old Charlie is 74 ish right now. I think 15 could even be high-balling it so lets go with that. At that point William would become the next king at the age of 55.

PetrolDave

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=1423
It is a sad day but I'll be very happy to get to 96 and still have all my marbles!

We have had six Georgian eras and two Elizabethan eras, What now, Charlian? Doesn't have the same ring somehow..
Based on the Latin word for Charles 'Carolus' and precedent of the previous two King Charles the BBC have already referred to it as the 'new Carolean era'.

Crasher

Professional User
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=21420
Apart from Victoria and Elizabeth II that is how it has been for centuries.

Larry Manton

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=112505
Apart from Victoria and Elizabeth II that is how it has been for centuries.
My wife watched many documentaries on the old girl, WOW. She was so smart guess she even put things in place to limit what Chuck does, going to monitor him from the grave.

A true leader, JMO.

Crasher

Professional User
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=21420
Today the BBC is devoting it’s main channel to her life, mind you they keep putting bloody Paul McCartney on, the odious little creep.

PetrolDave

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=1423
Today the BBC is devoting it’s main channel to her life, mind you they keep putting bloody Paul McCartney on, the odious little creep.
The BBC got widely criticised for blanket coverage of the death of Prince Philip, and they are making the same mistake again on the death of Queen Elizabeth.

I don't need them to repeat the same coverage over and over again, I don't watch much TV but I've already seen King Charles' broadcast to the nation so many times I can almost repeat it word perfect :banghead:

Surely they should leave BBC1 & BBC2 broadcasting their planned schedule and move all the 'tribute' programmes to the BBC News channel - we can all get that whether we have Freeview or Freesat.

And finally ... why did both BBC1 and ITV have to broadcast the service of rememberance yesterday evening? Showing it on just one channel would have been sufficient.

Crasher

Professional User
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=21420
Well I have been watching it all day

PetrolDave

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=1423
Well I have been watching it all day
My memory is too good for me to want to watch the same clips dozens of times in one day, I turn off the TV in frustration.

I will watch the funeral on Monday 19th but before then I will be mainly watching programmes I have recorded on the minor channels.

JMR

Professional User
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=432218
I wonder how long Charles will live for, or even reign for. Definitely not for 70 years that's for sure. Can't imagine more than 20 in the most optimistic outlook. Old Charlie is 74 ish right now. I think 15 could even be high-balling it so lets go with that. At that point William would become the next king at the age of 55.
well , the queen's husband lived to the ripe age of 99 right? Those people seem to live a long time ! So , i'd put Charles in the range of 95 to 100 years of age :). I wonder what they're eating to live such long lives... During her 70 yrs reign, many people were born and died within that period...

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
Those people seem to live a long time !
There are some interesting theories regarding how the very rich and powerful tend to achieve such longevity, but I'm not sure I believe any of them.

Speaking of Charles...

Would anyone care to interpret the body language and facial expressions in this photo, and guess who the guy on the right is?

JCBB85I.jpg

-Uwe-

JMR

Professional User
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=432218
i'd say he's being schooled or scolded ?:) That guy must be someone with more money and influence than him if i were to guess :)

Back