Passat AID in Golf 7?

sers77

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=26140
I have a Passat AID but only a Golf to use it in..
Is it possible to use the cover and frame from a Golf 7 AID to put the Passat AID screen in?

Spacewalker

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=159607
yes, possible
PCB/LCD this same

sers77

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=26140
Thank you..

sers77

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=26140
Is it still possible to retrofit a used AID with GEKO?

downtime

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=280813
Is it still possible to retrofit a used AID with GEKO?
50/50 chance it works without official dealer. Some require the permission and some have been going through without any problems. And now I'm talking about used clusters. With new one there's no issues how it's adapted online.

You won't know until you try that does it work without the request or not.

Spacewalker

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=159607
50/50 chance it works without official dealer. Some require the permission and some have been going through without any problems. And now I'm talking about used clusters. With new one there's no issues how it's adapted online.

You won't know until you try that does it work without the request or not.
friend of my doing that from a years
if he do 5 request in one day - 3 are failed
if he do that what failed 1 by one , each day - they passed .

downtime

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=280813
friend of my doing that from a years
if he do 5 request in one day - 3 are failed
if he do that what failed 1 by one , each day - they passed .
Then I've been lucky. My rate is roughly 50/50 but not done everything on same day.

If I remember correctly VAG was supposed to drop this as it was very very labor intensive and caused long delays for workshops as well. It was not only clusters having this scheme but all modules which have IMMO. Also there was some sort of complaint via the free trade acts (or whatever it's called) as VAG was basically limiting or preventing competition completely.

Oh and official workshop is then only needed to make the request. When the AID is permitted to be adapted to the VIN, then it can be done even with purchased 1 hour GEKO accounts. BUT it needs authentic VAS head or approved 3rd party like VXDIAG or the new yellow one SVCI dongle.

Spacewalker

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=159607
Then I've been lucky. My rate is roughly 50/50 but not done everything on same day.

If I remember correctly VAG was supposed to drop this as it was very very labor intensive and caused long delays for workshops as well. It was not only clusters having this scheme but all modules which have IMMO. Also there was some sort of complaint via the free trade acts (or whatever it's called) as VAG was basically limiting or preventing competition completely.

Oh and official workshop is then only needed to make the request. When the AID is permitted to be adapted to the VIN, then it can be done even with purchased 1 hour GEKO accounts. BUT it needs authentic VAS head or approved 3rd party like VXDIAG or the new yellow one SVCI dongle.
you wrong
stop confuse him

sers77

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=26140
Ok, so there is still hope :)
Got a cheap E-golf AID that I took the frame from to my Passat AID..
The Passat AID was 33000km and has to be 100000km, so it´s been running for a couple of days now (@ 78000km now)..

Bummer if it cannot be used, but maybe it can :)

The E-golf AID can be flashed (via SD-card and MOST) to petrol/diesel.. But the files are not available, yet...:popcorn:

Cuzoe

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=279487
Unrelated rambling, not contributing to the issue at hand but... I would love to be able to flash my AID to the latest version via SD card!

downtime

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=280813
Unrelated rambling, not contributing to the issue at hand but... I would love to be able to flash my AID to the latest version via SD card!
If there is a latest version. What is the your AID part hw and sw number and SW version in the autoscan?

Cuzoe

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=279487
If there is a latest version. What is the your AID part hw and sw number and SW version in the autoscan?
True, haha... I'm pretty sure I've seen software B listed somewhere.

Code:
Address 17: Instruments (J285)       Labels:| 5G0-920-XXX-17.clb-SRI3
   Part No SW: 5G1 920 791 A    HW: 5G1 920 791 A
   Component: KOMBI         409 3197 
   Coding: 03AD21027598CF0502807E0B0000000000000000
   Shop #: WSC 00046 000 00000
   ASAM Dataset: EV_DashBoardVDDMQBAB 009058
   ROD: EV_DashBoardVDDMQBAB_009_VW26.rod
   VCID: 2A5B7B9B4DA11DDBBD-807E

No fault code found.

downtime

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=280813
B is index for the AID but it is for different hardware. Very few are updateable via cross flashing and you need to know exactly what. You will end up bricking your AID if you try to flash it to B.

On AIDs the softwares don't go so that higher index is newer software. Higher index is usually a different hardware as well. Bigger memory or poshier CPU or something like that or it could even be a different IMMO version.
Generally update is possible from same index sw version to same index higher sw version. For example you now have index A version 3197. If there would be for example index A 3258, then that is where you could update.

Cuzoe

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=279487
Gotcha. Then I guess I'm back to picking up another AID at some point... chasing down a glow plug indication fault (that leads to a CEL) on my (and a few others') NAR Mk7 TDI with AID retrofit. Anyway, a discussion for another place.

sers77

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=26140
How do I change the picture from Passat to Golf?
Coding or software?

Cuzoe

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=279487
How do I change the picture from Passat to Golf?
Coding or software?
There's a post on drive2 where someone put an AID from some other car into their Golf... or rather tried to. One of the problems was that the software only contained images of that other car.

Cuzoe

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=279487
Found it, it was Tiguan AID into a Golf... you'll have to use translate unless you know Russian...

Another problem was the wheel diameter is post of the software so for Tiguan > Golf this created a big difference in indicates speed and caused corresponding error to accumulate on the odometer. Might not be such a big difference between Passat and Golf 🤷🏿‍♂️.

Cuzoe

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=279487
B is index for the AID but it is for different hardware. Very few are updateable via cross flashing and you need to know exactly what. You will end up bricking your AID if you try to flash it to B.

On AIDs the softwares don't go so that higher index is newer software. Higher index is usually a different hardware as well. Bigger memory or poshier CPU or something like that or it could even be a different IMMO version.
Generally update is possible from same index sw version to same index higher sw version. For example you now have index A version 3197. If there would be for example index A 3258, then that is where you could update.
This is where I saw that flash from A to B...

@downtime Do you suppose that the "Hardware Version" would present a problem? Looking at the link, the hardware part number is the same.

They went Index A 3193 to Index B 4191, so higher Index and SW version.

Last edited:

sers77

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=26140
I have VW_FL_5G1920791B_4191_S.odx, but have to flash it in the car.. If it is even possible to turn a Passat (diesel) AID into Golf (Petrol)(or a E-Golf into Golf)..

Back