General Corona Virus Discussion

DV52

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=194404
^^^thanks @Uwe. we disagree - but I better understand the building-blocks for your belief system

jyoung8607

FoRT
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=25607
Yes that's exactly what I'm saying.

I'll double down on that when the "pandemic" virus has a recovery rate of well over 99% and almost everyone who dies "of" it had one foot in the grave to begin with.

I'll double down it again when the so-called "vaccines" that they're insisting we should take clearly do not stop infection or onward transmission of the virus.

I'll double-down on it a final time when the so-called "vaccines" that they're insisting we should take are the most dangerous vaccines that have ever been widely used in modern times.

Oh, and if we allow governments to trample our natural rights via the the simple "declaration of a pandemic" or other "emergency", then we can expect to live in a constant state of "emergency" from here on. No thank you.

-Uwe-

Describe what you're doing to respect my bodily autonomy as you carry out your daily public life in 2021-2022.

Let us evaluate your respect for bodily autonomy from there, rather than progressively less oblique references to murder in response to potential inconvenience.

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
Describe what you're doing to respect my bodily autonomy as you carry out your daily public life in 2021-2022.
I avoid contact with people outside my immediate family to the extent possible. But that's a personal decision, and not something I'd be willing to impose on anyone else. I would no more try to prevent others from "socializing" if they wish to, than to prevent them from taking as many shots as they desire. The fact that I think both are a bad idea does not give me the right to control other peoples' choices. What I've said from almost the beginning is that everyone should be able to decide for themselves what risks they're willing to take.

-Uwe-

Reactions: rks

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
There is no evidence so far that vaccines are reducing infections from the fast-spreading variant.
In fact, there is mounting evidence that Omicron infection rates are higher among the vaccinated than the unvaccinated. Now it's not at all clear whether this due to to biological factors, i.e. whether the vaccinated (particularly those who were vaccinated early on) actually have less immunity to it than the unvaccinated, or "social" factors, where the vaccinated feel less need to to be careful about catching it.

-Uwe-

rks

VCDS Distributor
VCDS Distributor
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57026
Vaccinated person working several hours next to me got a positive test and is now working from home. Looked today more or less fit on the camera. Let's see what happens to the third vaccinated person working at the same desk and me. Oh wait, I had that situation several times during the last 2 years...

BTW: Next vaccinated person in the wider family died some weeks after the shot. Age ~50, no known illnesses. Officially unknown cause of death.

vaccinated feel less need to to be careful about catching it.
Don't know. I did see junkies wearing two masks at the same time and know one junkie who is incredible full of fear. Her conviction that vaccination protects must be very weak.
If she does not die because of Covid, she dies because of fear - for sure.

Last edited:

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
Next vaccinated person in the wider family died some weeks after the shot. Age ~50, no known illnesses. Officially unknown cause of death.
Am I the only one who finds it strange that it isn't standard practice to do a thorough autopsy on people who "died suddenly" or "died unexpectedly" within a month or two after being injected? It's almost like the "public health authorities" don't want to know.

-Uwe-

Reactions: rks

DV52

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=194404
What I've said from almost the beginning is that everyone should be able to decide for themselves what risks they're willing to take.

-Uwe-
@Uwe: Yes indeed - your views have been very consistent from the outset.

Of course we ALL applaud your credo for individual personal freedoms; for allowing folk to make their own risk management decisions based on their individual evaluation of the facts (accepting that "facts" are seldom absolute truths).

If we were dealing with risk management decisions related to personal investment, or which car to buy, or which religion to pursue (yes, this is a risk management decision), or which party to elect, or the myriad of other matters that are properly classified as "silo decisions" - then I've no doubt that we would ALL stand beside you in defending these rights (for clarity, I define "silo decisions" as being those choices that individuals make that have little if any impact on the same rights of other citizens, or on the common rights of community as a whole)

However- asserting that "everyone should be able to decide for themselves what risks they're willing to take" is a simple truism and it makes the fundamental assumption that the consequences of these individual decisions operate in a silo.

In today's interconnected world and particularly for the issue of infection control in a declared world-wide pandemic - I challenge anyone to assert that risk management choices related to COVID control can be viewed as "silo decisions" (when made in a community context)!

Obviously for COVID control questions, decisions made by the individual DO affect (and can infect) other individual citizens and they impact on the the health of the community as a whole.

No one on either side of this debate has the monopoly on valuing personal democratic freedoms. Like you - we ALL believe that these are precious rights that we have inherited, in part from the blood of our predecessors. But these are also rights that must operate in the real world and importantly, these are rights that need to bend and yield to the often-conflicting other-rights which elected Governments must juggle (like the the community's right to a safe environment)

I've now read quite a few posts (both here and on other forums/blog sites) from folk that decry the infection control mechanisms that have been implemented by elected governments around the world. Without exception, they are all replete with statements about what not to do - but I've not seen much in terms of the alternative containment measures that should be implemented.

Please don't tell me that the alternative infection control mechanism is "everyone should be able to decide for themselves what risks they're willing to take"!! Because if this is the answer - I will take more interest in the forum's "advice on weaponry" thread :facepalm:

Don

Last edited:

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
Hey, look what we have here:
EU Warns Repeat Boosters Could Weaken Immune System
Boosters “can be done once, or maybe twice, but it’s not something that we can think should be repeated constantly,” Marco Cavaleri, the EMA head of biological health threats and vaccines strategy, said at a press briefing on Tuesday.
Gosh, who'd have thought that repeated doses of mRNA injections would be a bad idea?

Oh right, pretty much everyone who was working on mRNA back in 2016:
Ego, ambition, and turmoil: Inside one of biotech’s most secretive startups
Delivery — actually getting RNA into cells — has long bedeviled the whole field. On their own, RNA molecules have a hard time reaching their targets. They work better if they’re wrapped up in a delivery mechanism, such as nanoparticles made of lipids. But those nanoparticles can lead to dangerous side effects, especially if a patient has to take repeated doses over months or years.

Novartis abandoned the related realm of RNA interference over concerns about toxicity, as did Merck and Roche.

Moderna’s most advanced competitors, CureVac and BioNTech, have acknowledged the same challenge with mRNA. Each is principally focused on vaccines for infectious disease and cancer, which the companies believe can be attacked with just a few doses of mRNA.

-Uwe-

stefdds

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=174556
I found this video by accident! I was searching on YT for some safe ways to dx. automotive electrical systems ; by safe I mean not accidently frying the pcm or ecu etc. This is a YT'er who is a DIY'er and does automotive electrical dx. as a hobby. I believe he is a molecular biologist by profession ; see his intro. video on his channel home page.

After viewing some of his electrical videos, I went to his channel listing ("home page") and noticed this video on COVID-19. A car guy who also knows a-lot of science....cool! It is also very easy to listen to his explanations.

I thought it would fit right into this forum; on Both topics!

Here is the electrical video that was originally discovered ; I thought it was very relevant to perhaps another category, but thought I would place it here for context.

Last edited:

morris39

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=395084
I found this video by accident! I was searching on YT for some safe ways to dx. automotive electrical systems ; by safe I mean not accidently frying the pcm or ecu etc. This is a YT'er who is a DIY'er and does automotive electrical dx. as a hobby. I believe he is a molecular biologist by profession ; see his intro. video on his channel home page.

After viewing some of his electrical videos, I went to his channel listing ("home page") and Schrodingernoticed this video on COVID-19. A car guy who also knows a-lot of science....cool! It is also very easy to listen to his explanations.

I thought it would fit right into this forum; on Both topics!

Here is the electrical video that was originally discovered ; I thought it was very relevant to perhaps another category, but thought I would place it here for context.

Strongly support your opinion of Matt Schrodinger's presentations. His videos are an example how to do it right if your aim is to actually effectively inform the viewer.
First identify the category and purpose, outline what will be covered, discuss using diagrams (if applicable), review and emphasize. Takes time but worth it. Many videos are jest promotion ,too fast (if you can follow you already know) and too sloppy.

rks

VCDS Distributor
VCDS Distributor
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57026
After viewing ths first video, the first thumb-down has been added by me. I cannot see much science in there.

DV52

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=194404
@stefdds: I'm more than happy to give both the videos a thumbs-up!!

But, not because I happen to agree with the presenter's position - rather, it's because he accepts that in today's world of easy-access to lots of highly educated (and very bright) folk, we should expect to see a range of disparate views (it's a healthy and proper dynamic for both science and communities).

And....I particularly liked his dismissal of "argumentum ab auctoritate" based positions - very good stuff!!

Don

PS: I was cringing so much in the second video - I couldn't watch it to the end!! :facepalm:

morris39

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=395084
@stefdds: I'm more than happy to give both the videos a thumbs-up!!

But, not because I happen to agree with the presenter's position - rather, it's because he accepts that in today's world of easy-access to lots of highly educated (and very bright) folk, we should expect to see a range of disparate views (it's a healthy and proper dynamic for both science and communities).

And....I particularly liked his dismissal of "argumentum ab auctoritate" based positions - very good stuff!!

Don

PS: I was cringing so much in the second video - I couldn't watch it to the end!! :facepalm:
What prompted the cringing? I didn't watch the video (too long for my attention span) but did look at the end, the recap of the diagnosis. The only quibble I can see is that he does not insist that the forced +12v to the sensor be fused but says "you may want to have a fuse"

DV52

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=194404
What prompted the cringing? I didn't watch the video (too long for my attention span) but did look at the end, the recap of the diagnosis. The only quibble I can see is that he does not insist that the forced +12v to the sensor be fused but says "you may want to have a fuse"
Morris: The problem was entirely mine, not the video -and I take an immediate interest at the mention of "schrodinger's cat" (yes, I know the video has nothing to do with quantum mechanics)

But try as I did to simply "scream at the screen" as options like using a paper clip to short the injector plug was being discussed - I just couldn't watch. I guess the mental picture of huge amounts of electrical current flowing the iddy-biddy wires in the injector loom was just too much!!

Sometimes old cranky men (like me) are just softies!! :facepalm:

Don

vreihen

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=31688
Verizon and AT&T supposedly powered up their C-Band 5G towers today, after several delays prompted by the FAA (airplane people) worried that C-Band will interfere with radar altimeters.

This afternoon, my arm started having stabbing pains in the vicinity of where I received by booster jab back in late November.

Coincidence????? :confused:

DV52

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=194404
Hmm.......... perhaps a poignant message from the land-of-the-free (it's a pity- because we desparately need those Yankee dollars)!!;)

Last edited:

Crasher

Professional User
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=21420
This afternoon, my arm started having stabbing pains in the vicinity of where I received by booster jab back in late November.

Coincidence????? :confused:
Please tell me this is a joke, you know, not being serious?

vreihen

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=31688
Please tell me this is a joke, you know, not being serious?

20220122223623-9fd7b39b.jpg

FWIW, my arm stopped hurting after a day.....

Last edited:
Back