2006 Audi A3 2.0 TDI DSG (BKD) - Limp mode p-0299

VAGMAN

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=374246
Hi, I’ve been unsuccessful in determining the level of boost in the inlet manifold side, does anyone have a guide or instructions including what equipment would be required?

Another question, is there anyway of knowing if my car has a DPF? I can’t see any DPF lights on startup.

TIA

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001

ED30R

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=70060
Has it got the vacuum actuator for the flaps on the left of the inlet? If my money Is on that leaking and losing vacuum out of the system.

VAGMAN

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=374246
Hi ED30R, it has 2 components, one is the EGR valve which also has vacuum actuator and the throttle body which has a flap that opens and closes, the vacuum actuator on the EGR valve was tested and it held 40 psi vacuum using a manual handheld gauge, would 40 psi represent actual driving conditions in 6th gear at 2200 RPM?

I went back to basics today, removed the exhaust from it's connection with the turbo, cleaned the exhaust thoroughly. Inspected the turbo and movement was easy and there was no play in the shaft on either side of the turbo.

I took of all of the turbo boost pipes for a full inspection for any leaks and found nothing, i changed the seals on the boost pipes as I had noticed an oil leak on both connections where they went into the intercooler. I drove the car and exact same message for limp mode (6th gear around 2200RPM), i inspected the pipes and noticed the oil leaks at the same points.

I took all of the connections and added duck tape around each connection to create a better seal. I took it for a drive, it went into limp mode again HOWEVER, at the time it went into limp mode one of the boost pipe disconnection with loud bang, it was the connection which goes horizontally across the radiator (I'm assuming this was the weakest point).

Any pointers?

TIA

VAGMAN

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=374246
Update, I had a smoke test done to ensure I didn’t miss anything out, that came back all good.

In the end, it turned out the turbo vanes were seized and the arm was free, moving effortlessly when the actuator rod was removed, this was confirmed after the turbo was taken off.

thanks for everyone’s input

• Informative
Reactions: Uwe
Back