MIB 2 and the possibility of Retrofitting

siLc

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=330192
What do you mean “remap” the mic. I wonder because I’ve got the mib2 in but the mic isn’t working yet.
On the PQ platform, the BT mic is usually wired to the BT module under the right front seat. With MIB2, its wired directly to the radio. If one has RNS510 with voice control or RNS315, when the mic is already wired the correct way for MIB2.

Reactions: Uwe

BogdanTQ

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=340718
I did a Discover Media MIB2 retrofit on a 2010 Passat B6 which had RNS510 with voice control and the mic still didn't work. The problem was from the quadlock adapter - the pins were inserted in the wrong place. On the car side of the quadlock adapter the pins for the microphone were inserted in positions 6 and 12 instead of 1 and 7 and on the MIB2 side of the adapter the positions were correct but the + and - were reversed. I moved the pins on both sides of the quadlock adapter and now the mic works.

The only problem that I have is that I cannot load the maps. I bought an used original VW maps card from ebay, the unit detects that there is map info on the card ("The source contains the navigation database" message appears) but in the NAV menu It shows "The navigation database is not available".

I've read somewhere that these cards are "married" to one car / DM, so if they were used before they cannot be used on a different car - probably an anti-theft measure.

I tried writing the map info on a new, 3rd party SD, the DiscoverCare app sees the card, the map info is loaded, but the DM doesn't see the card.

Does anyone have any ideea if and how can the maps be loaded or must I buy a new original card from VW (~80 EUR)?

BogdanTQ

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=340718
Ok, I managed to load the maps, but now I gave another problem: the mic is always on and if you talk inside the car you will hear yourself in the car's speakers... I couldn't find anything related to this in the coding. Any ideas on how to fix this?

kamold

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=241363
Ok, I managed to load the maps, but now I gave another problem: the mic is always on and if you talk inside the car you will hear yourself in the car's speakers... I couldn't find anything related to this in the coding. Any ideas on how to fix this?

Start to turn the volume adjustment while the radio or something is on.
You will see a small icon appear at the top which is 2 people talking (apparently).
Press on this icon then turn down the volume for the conversation assist or whatever they call it.
It is designed for noisy cars like a cabrio where the rear passengers can't hear you. It is taking your voice from the mic and sending it to the speakers so they can hear.

supremo

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=245837
maps

Hi, I wanted to know how you managed to load the maps? to pair sd card?

BogdanTQ

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=340718
Thanks kamold! Sorry for the late reply, I was on a ~3500 km road-trip through Europe and didn't check the forum. That was it. I also found it in the sound settings - it is the voice enhancement feature. Turned it off -> problem solved :-D. Everything works great now.`

@supremo - This might be region-dependent. In the maps folder there are two sub-folders - I had "00" and "EEC". I've renamed "00" to "22" and changed the zone from Europe to Australia in the 5F coding.

Last edited:

kyle_h

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=206710
I'd love to do this retrofit. Anyone have a full DIY posted anywhere?

dna007

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=214534
I'd love to do this retrofit. Anyone have a full DIY posted anywhere?

There is no easy way about it, if your car never came with that kind of radio, VW won't be able to remove CP from it, period. No ways around it. There is a method of patching CP which I have done many times.
Check my feed .>>> instagram.com/PeterDNA

-Peter

Spacewalker

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=159607
There is no easy way about it, if your car never came with that kind of radio, VW won't be able to remove CP from it, period. No ways around it. There is a method of patching CP which I have done many times.
Check my feed .>>> instagram.com/PeterDNA

-Peter

Unlock radio and enabale activations permanent is possible over half year
but I dont think he will pay 2000$ for solution to make 1 radio

Szogun

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=403301
I have retrofitted MIB STD2 to my Yeti.
Everything works fine, but I don't know how to change picture of the car, for example in PDC visualisation.
On RNS510 it can by done by coding.
There is a chance to change it on MIB? Or it reads it from another module in car (PDC, Gateway)?

86c36faee7e387d4a3c9b04bd0ffefd5.jpg

langers2k

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=224085
@Szogun - Can you add your autoscan to confirm the coding etc...

Szogun

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=403301
Yeti Byte 0-2
Do You have coding for Superb or Octavia - I want to sell this unit (now looking for unit with NAVI) and i I think change picture will be helpful for new user.

Jacek

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=360566
Byte 0-2
Octavia;
Superb;

Last edited:
Back