HMC

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=28246
I was having a tidy up and came across my second interface from Ilexa
blockquote>
but I cannot seem to connect to a 2021 Etron whats wrong ?:)
The real question is at 70 plus do I invest in VCDS number 4?
Regards HMC
Edit. i don't know what I am doing wrong to get the image to display??

Last edited:

Derek

VCDS Distributor
VCDS Distributor
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=56983
Hello

Well first of all 70plus isn't old! You've got donkeys years yet

On that very new car you'd need one of the later interfaces, either the HEX-V2 or the HEX-NET, but I haven't plugged into one yet so need to check coverage. I expect someone from Ross-Tech will comment on the coverage shortly

We can likely offer a trade-in deal if you decide to make the jump to a new interface, but let's check the coverage first

Best regards
Derek

Last edited:

HMC

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=28246
Hello

Well first of all 70plus isn't old! You've got donkeys years yet

On that very new car you'd need one of the later interfaces, either the HEX-V2 or the HEX-NET, but I haven't plugged into one yet so need to check coverage. I expect someone from Ross-Tech comment on the coverage shortly

We can likely offer a trade-in deal if you decide to make the jump to a new interface, but let's check the coverage first

Best regards
Derek
Hi Derek,
The image should show the second ISO 4 you supplied, so it was a tongue in cheek comment about the Etron. Thinking about a Hex Net.
Regards HMC (Steve Harvey)

Bruce

Staff member
Ross-Tech Employee
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
--------
Hi Derek and Steve, as far as we know, VCDS, with a new generation dongle will speak to the 2021 etron.

Steve, in 2015 VAG changed things up again and our older products no longer fully supported the platforms. We had to upgrade the hardware to accommodate their changes. In 2016, 2017, 2018, more and more modules moved to the new addressing. By 2019, all modules were on the new method. The HEX+CAN could not support those.

As to 70 being old.. I'm not far from it at 65. I don't get Derek's donkey years but then you blokes don't speak proper English! hehe

Derek

VCDS Distributor
VCDS Distributor
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=56983
Hi Derek,
The image should show the second ISO 4 you supplied, so it was a tongue in cheek comment about the Etron. Thinking about a Hex Net.
Regards HMC (Steve Harvey)
Haha, well you could use that old one as a door stop, it's pretty heavy :)

If you've still got your HEX-USB+CAN from 2004 we could take it back as a trade-in against the HEX-NET if you decide to go with that.

Best regards
Derek

PS, @Bruce It's true we do mangle our language a lot over here :) Donkeys years means a very long time. There's some debate over where it comes from, maybe that it was originally "as long as donkeys ears", or from the manual crank called a donkey that a docker used to turn to wind on an old cargo crane which took a long time

Last edited:
Back