EXTRA EXTRA READ ALL ABOUT IT GENERAL NEWS THREAD ANYTHING GOES!

Bruce

Staff member
Ross-Tech Employee
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
--------
And so it begins.. where will it end?

Those who lived through the 30's in Europe have been known to say, "This is how it starts."

Lanza is correct. The police did not have a mandate to arrest. They have no mandate by which they can force compliance through arrests. Compliance can be forced through the courts but a Cease and Desist order is not enforceable by arrest as far as I know. Sure, they can remove licensing and so on but the Sheriff is not authorized to make arrests for non-compliance. The Sheriff could have posted officers at the door to prevent entrance to the pub. That would be enforcing the Cease and Desist order.

The question for Americans: How is it possible the owner was arrested? Why aren''t we all outraged?

Sure, we all want for everyone of us comply with the rules our Governors put in place. Sure we want to be protected. In this case, we can simply avoid going to that pub. Why should we allow this business owner who is protesting the closing of his business his right to protest? Others were allowed to protest and destroy property. All he did was to keep his establishment open to those who wanted to go in. Where is the logic? Where is the compassion and understanding?

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001

Jack@European_Parts

Gone But Not Forgotten
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57337
The question for Americans: How is it possible the owner was arrested? Why aren''t we all outraged?

Sure, we all want for everyone of us comply with the rules our Governors put in place. Sure we want to be protected. In this case, we can simply avoid going to that pub. Why should we allow this business owner who is protesting the closing of his business his right to protest? Others were allowed to protest and destroy property. All he did was to keep his establishment open to those who wanted to go in. Where is the logic? Where is the compassion and understanding?

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
Sure, we all want to everyone of us comply with the rules our Governors put in place.
Did we also want Rosa Parks to comply with the rules in in Alabama in 1955?

I have no problem with Governors making public health recommendations. But I have a real problem with them forcibly closing businesses for this virus, where we've known almost since the beginning who is at substantial risk and who isn't.

Oh, and my problem with certain Governors like Cuomo and Wolf, who made things much, much worse back in the spring by mandating that contagious people be re-admitted to nursing homes, where most of the residents are at high risk, is double.

-Uwe-

Bruce

Staff member
Ross-Tech Employee
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
--------
@Jack, I'm not ready to say let America die.. But, I acknowledge, if we stay on paths we seem to have chosen, America will die - at least the America I knew.

@Uwe, I think you got my meaning - perhaps my word choice was lacking. We want our fellow citizens to follow public health recommendations for we know that doing so is better for all.. This example is stepping way beyond. Only the court can issue a warrant for arrest. The citizen has a right to appear in court to defend his right to do as he is doing. In the absence of an arrest warrant, they had no right to arrest him. It is outrageous. As I said, they could have just posted an officer or two at the door to enforce the Cease and Desist.

Reactions: Uwe

Jack@European_Parts

Gone But Not Forgotten
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57337

Jack@European_Parts

Gone But Not Forgotten
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57337

Jack@European_Parts

Gone But Not Forgotten
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57337

When is the butter knife becoming illegal?

Jack@European_Parts

Gone But Not Forgotten
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57337

Jack@European_Parts

Gone But Not Forgotten
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57337

Jack@European_Parts

Gone But Not Forgotten
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57337

PetrolDave

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=1423
Why is always something nefarious in the UK going on, what a heist, huh?

This report of that same story
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-55173402
contains an interesting footnote comparing this with the USD and EUR:
In the case of the dollar, only about 15% of the US currency supply can be accounted for - a significantly lower proportion than for the UK.
For instance, there are more $100 bills out there than any other denomination of the greenback, with 80% of them estimated to be held outside the US.

As for the euro, the European Central Bank in Frankfurt no longer issues the €500 note because of concerns it could facilitate illegal activities.
However, it remains legal tender, while €100 and €200 notes are still in production.

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
This report of that same story
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-55173402
contains an interesting footnote comparing this with the USD and EUR:
MoneyMattress.gif

:cool:

-Uwe-