Be golf 7 WVWZZZAUZGW068819 keys replaced “mode” button not working no driver mode settings available.

Kar10s

Reaction score
Keys stolen after brutal home invasion to stop them raising alarm.Just trying to give some normality back Vw dealer clueless want £4000 to sort out !

PetrolDave

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=1423
Without seeing a VCDS Auto-Scan there's not a lot we can do to help you.

BTW hope everyone is physically OK, remember property can be replaced.

golfi_vend

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=195131
To Be Honest I don't really understand what the issue is here.
If the keys were replaced using "New Identity" then it can be that FeC-s weren't restored properly.

Spacewalker

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=159607
call inssurance .
or calm down and post vcds autoscan and proper desctripion what exactly happen, what is replaces etc

Kar10s

Reaction score
Keys stolen after brutal home invasion to stop them raising alarm.Just trying to give some normality back Vw dealer clueless want £4000 to sort out !
Keys replaced by nameless company by insurance company who say it’s nothing to do with them usual bu115hit

siLc

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=330192
Since this appears to be an insurance issue, demand a proper key replacement at a dealership from the insurance?

Nothing here do be done with VCDS anyway.

Kar10s

Reaction score
You think if I get Fecs (whatever they are ) restored by someone this will resolve problem? Thankyou for your Time

PetrolDave

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=1423
You think if I get Fecs (whatever they are ) restored by someone this will resolve problem? Thankyou for your Time
FEC = Feature Enabling Code

The "Mode" button only works if the FEC for it has been correctly restored - only a dealer or someone with online access to the VW servers can do this.

If the VW dealer you went to doesn't undrstand FEC codes then you either need to find another dealer who knows what they are doing or a local VW independent with online access.

Kar10s

Reaction score
FEC = Feature Enabling Code

The "Mode" button only works if the FEC for it has been correctly restored - only a dealer or someone with online access to the VW servers can do this.

If the VW dealer you went to doesn't undrstand FEC codes then you either need to find another dealer who knows what they are doing or a local VW independent with online access.
Thankyou I’m now looking for independent with online access to vw servers this would appear to be my best way forward VW disappointingly just not interested unless I understand the outcome might be £4000 bill, which is half value of car ! They’re adamant the infotainment unit is faulty which is too much of a coincidence in my opinion Karl

PetrolDave

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=1423
They’re adamant the infotainment unit is faulty which is too much of a coincidence in my opinion Karl
If everything is working as it did before with the exception of the Mode button then the likelihood of the infotainment unit being faulty is very low IMHO.

darkchina811

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=333184
+1, I vouch for FeC codes not properly restored. did you sort it out?

Kar10s

Reaction score
I did get it resolved Thankyou I stumbled on brilliant technical guy who replaced mib and re coded for under £200 I can share his details if anyone needs him Thanking You in anticipation of your forthcoming help and co operation KARL

Back